LegacyGT.com

P2433 CEL where to start?

Went to start my 09 LGT and get a blinking CEL, pull the code and its a P2433 Secondary Air Injection Pressure Sensor. WTF? Something tells me that part isnt located near the easy to access part of that system lol.

Suggestions?:)

Apparently this is one of those codes that you are better off "tuning out" rather than fixing.

Going to pull the IC off to get a better look at the rear part of the system to:

1. Check for loose connections

2. Gummed up valve

3. Leaks

Every tech ive talked to says it is a simple problem so that is good news. Ill keep this thread updated as to my findings and resolution.

Usually air pump codes are thrown by water in the system..

You know what? There was a crazy rain storm yesterday blowing rain sustained for about an hour my car was parked in an inclined space facing downhill.

Hey I think I have a hunch!

Yea we get water issues in air pumps all the time. Usually you can pull the pump and let it dry and throw it back in and your ok.. but when it happens in winter and the water freezes lol you never smelled an electric motor so burnt.

****EDIT***

So remember I told you that I got around to fixing this issue? Well no, it isn't fixed :lol: The picture below shows the cause of the problem and by the time you realize that it is TOO LATE :eek:

airpump.jpg.d358b24eb26c447b2564594e41b9d1d0.jpg

So this whole time I figured the pipe is off the air isnt going to the right place and the system was telling me to fix it. What I failed to realize was that the pipe had been off the entire time I have owned this car (7 months). in the less humid months it wasnt a problem. But 3 weeks ago this mist/rainy/blowing rain storm hit NoVA/DC and sat down on the city for a whole day. I dont drive my car much, this storm was one of 4 that week of a blowing nature. So I read this thread P2431 and P2433 FAIL Thread it clicked so hard my whole world imploded :lol:

The connection from the pipe to the solenoid was open during this time allowing the moisture to get in there and kick ass. If i had driven my car during the week it probably would have blew the moisture out and kept things dry.

First fix is to find an operational driver side valve and swap it out. I know many folks say this is a useless fix and that its a waste. My goal to keep the car STOCK and after reviewing the design I think it may be isolated to the LH valve.

Visuals:

P2433.PNG.3238c802fc5887ff0b03a308c7f5a13d.PNG

In my case the red artwork shows the connection that was aloose and allowed the moisture in the system. If you notice the passenger side duct connects to the driver side via odd junction and runs uphill to the other valve. I am hoping the mositure didnt travel up to the other valve and simply affected the LH valve.

If that doesnt work ill pull the relays and fuse and have a map made that is void of "Secondary Air Pump Assembly". The valves are closed which is great b/c if they get stuck open you have no choice but to block them off.

The passenger is the PITA you will have to remove:

-turbo inlet

-drain coolant and remove hard cross-pipe

-Intake manifold

-various small lines and things

So I will avoid that option at all costs. Wil update once I find a driver side valve, if you have one or know where one is let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived