LegacyGT.com

p0230 fuel pump primary circuit malfunction after tgv deletes?

hey guys please someone help me out with this ....so after my mechanic and i completed the tgv deletes a bunch of codes popped for the censors related to the tgv's.. well my awesome tuner Andy at R/T tuning was cool enough to just take out the problem codes related to the tgv's and i thought everythin was good......but then my car started acting crazy stalling out and going limp mode on me ?then this code pops ???? i start my car and every things fine for a time then boom it keeps doing it? where is the primary fuel pump circuit even located? i'm thinking maybe the relay under the hood fuse area?

If you could re-phrase the question to somehow include oil, a theoretical discussion of immaterial consequence or the superiority of Subarus over all other cars, you might get a little more action :lol:

The fuel pump controller is in the rear of the car. There is no part of the Primary circuit that is located under the hood.

I will wait with you until the know it alls arrive.....

Sking in Vermont 2010.pdf

I have a solution, don't drive the car, just look at it. Then walk back into your house.

Meanwhile back at the brainstorming ranch..

was your car retuned after the tgv deletes? Have you logged anything at all? Things need to be changed when you don't have TGV doors to open/close when the ECU wants them to...

Edited by bmx045

yes ,like i said in my first post. my tuner already edited my tune and removed all problem codes relating to the tgv deletes(which were diff. and related to open tgvs)

this code popped like a day after???

hey rao in the rear of the car? not in the actual pump housing? was wondering if i'm gonna have to pull the pump again for this?

all i could find online so far says something about a possible bad relay or another thing?

yes ,like i said in my first post. my tuner already edited my tune and removed all problem codes relating to the tgv deletes(which were diff. and related to open tgvs)

this code popped like a day after???

hey rao in the rear of the car? not in the actual pump housing? was wondering if i'm gonna have to pull the pump again for this?

all i could find online so far says something about a possible bad relay or another thing?

well my awesome tuner Andy at R/T tuning was cool enough to just take out the problem codes related to the tgv's

anyway, a good log can track the problem down as well, your pump is probably going bad...the AVO's have been known to fail...and it doesn't matter that the pump is 6 mo old...

ok , so i did google it before i even started this thread, none of those that came up helped at all or were even related to a subaru legacy?

someone on here must have fixed this before..... please someone help me so i can drive again!!

This isn't the "Connect the pink wire together" sort of thing. For some reason the ECU is seeing a problem in this circuit. You need to track down why this is happening.

Here is the complete diagnostics procedure. There is not much to it. Get out your multimeter and get busy.

Paris - Spring 2011.pdf

Hot Damn, Rob! Crazy helpful posts.

thank you rao you def get more internets for this one, not that u need anymore.

start callin you yoda.

so do you know where exactly that ecu that looks like its def. in the back is actually located?

Most people seem to think I never post anything useful, go figure :lol:

The control unit is behind the trim next to the rear window.

so it looks like it was the fuel pump?!?!?!?!?

we checked the power coming into the pump and when the car stalls out it's still getting power so i guess the fuel pump went after less than 3 months?!?!?!!?

just installed this thing in jan /feb.... WTF? avo fuel pos !!! 440$ bucks for what?!?!?

they better return this thing!!! :(

thats whats worse ...i already have one sitting here that wasn't working either!?!?!?!

so first i bought a walbro modded the housing and it fit like crap and didnt work out.then i shelled out the cash for the avo thinking this would be the end of it and now this bs?!?! still tho i have found way more people complaining about the walbro's then the avo's. maybe just my luck i got the one bad one .?