LegacyGT.com

P0011...nooooooooooooo!

Just got my car back today from getting both valve gasket covers replaced. I get 5 miles up the interstate, fill up the gas tank and put STP fuel system cleaner in. I drive about 2 miles and my check engine light comes on. I manage to get her home and pull the P0011 code from my Accessport.

From my reading, this code can mean a few things. One of which, is the ACVS. I wonder if something happened during the valve gasket cover repair??!

Would it be possible for the fuel system cleaner to throw that code?

I'm starting to wish I kept my Altima!!

Thoughts? I cleared the code with my AP...we'll see if it comes back. FYI, only P0011 code.

Oil change?

the OCV for that avcs solenoid can go bad, either that or your banjo bolt supply filter (directly under the turbo) is clogged and starving the turbo AND ocv valve. this is why i do the work myself, make sure everything is plugged back in

Two hours at Subaru...result of code per Subaru was #3 coil connector was not plugged all the way in.

Not sure if that was unplugged during the valve gasket replacement.

Car is driving better, holding boost up to 16 psi. Crossing fingers now...

Sort of correction and a question.

Coil connector = solenoid, aka ACVS! Makes a lot of sense since my independent mechanic replaced both valve gasket covers.

Anyone know if #3, per Subaru, is the driver's side ACVS solenoid? I'm thinking, yes.

I had that code 2 weeks ago I just replaced both oil control sensors on each side. I got them for $89 each plus shipping from Fred beans parts. Took me 25mins to install and now it runs perfect and I just went stage 2 turbo is holding boost and all. If you want I still have my old sensors one is still good. if u want to pay for shipping you can have it for free. I believe the p0011 is the passages side. Let me know.

yea 2 total i meant its so easy to replace if you need help just pm me. but don't jump to the blown turbo right away have hope. can't stand sensors but i have a good one if u wanna try it out still works lmk free just wanna help a fellow LGT. but like i said i replaced them now my car runs smoother and light never came back on. but now i have ABS light FML fix one thing another breaks lol.

Good news. During last oil change, the shop overfilled my oil. They drained and replaced my oil, free of charge. P0011 code has been gone for past two days. Car is driving and boosting like normal.

You didn't check the oil level after they changed it...

Please learn how to do the minor things to your car. You should be checking the oil level and topping off as needed.

I also flush the oil system from time to time. You should make sure the filter in the banjo is removed too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users
Good news. During last oil change, the shop overfilled my oil. They drained and replaced my oil, free of charge. P0011 code has been gone for past two days. Car is driving and boosting like normal.

people just need to do this shit themselves. honestly

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived