LegacyGT.com

Outback forum vs Legacy forum?

Ok, Legacy is the SOA step-child car that sells in very low numbers and is being chopped down. Outback is the cash cow, more specificly OBwagons.

With so many OB owners, why is the OB forum almost a "0" and Legacy forum is miles long with tens of thousands of posts?

One guess. MOST, not all, OB owners don't have much pasion for their cars. They buy a very safe, reliable, money saving car that gets them from A to B and never think about the car again. The LLBean buyers care about the leather, wood, 2 tone trendy enough to pay, but hope to never think about the car again. :icon_conf

Ok, Legacy is the SOA step-child car that sells in very low numbers and is being chopped down. Outback is the cash cow, more specificly [sic] OBwagons.

With so many OB owners, why is the OB forum almost a "0" and Legacy forum is miles long with tens of thousands of posts?

One guess. MOST, not all, OB owners don't have much pasion [sic] for their cars. They buy a very safe, reliable, money saving car that gets them from A to B and never think about the car again. The LLBean buyers care about the leather, wood, 2 tone trendy enough to pay, but hope to never think about the car again. :icon_conf

Wood? I knew I should have bought an LL Bean.:lol:

2 tone trendy enough to pay

Please translate this into Outback Owner speak.

########

Meanwhile, on NAISOC:

Ok, Impreza is the SOA step-child car that sells in very low numbers and is being chopped down. Legacy is the cash cow, more specificly [sic] OBwagons.

With so many Legacy owners, why is the Legacy forum almost a "0" and Impreza forum is miles long with tens of thousands of posts?

One guess. MOST, not all, Legacy owners don't have much pasion [sic] for their cars. They buy a very safe, reliable, money saving car that gets them from A to B and never think about the car again. The Legacy buyers care about the leather, wood, 2 tone trendy enough to pay, but hope to never think about the car again. :icon_conf

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Guest *Jedimaster*
I think most Outbacks aren't bought to be modded- most owners probably hate the car if it gets dirty and want to trade it in when it gets a flat.

Buying the OB over the Legacy was a concession to my wife, who liked the elevated height and the aethetics of the OB over those of the Legacy. She also knew I am much less inclined to mod the OB. I turned both my old Miata and WRX into very trackworthy daily drivers, which drove her nuts. The OB will never see the track; hence no BBK, suspension, R-compounds. Heck, we can't even buy decent replacement dampers (coilovers=NVH,issues,$). So, what is there to talk about (e.g., the suspension only bobbed 6x on the roundabout since I put the RSB on)?

I think it has everything to do with the aftermarket. The legacy is the sport version where there is a big aftermarket and people can make them fast if they want to. The outback is more of a offroad hybrid with its higher stance. So to modify a outback and make it super fast and handle well is kind of dumb since handling suspension usually requires lowing a car not raising it.

Cliffnotes: Legacy = performance and aftermarket

Outback = stock and hills and camping and such.

not always true

modded xt's

and my 3.0r doesn't go camping

matter of fact i want better handling and more speed with the sedan

Apples to oranges comparison in that the # of posts you see depends on your forum settings, but.

At LegacyGT.com:

Number of posts in Legacy forum: 98,207

Number of posts in Outback forum: 4,251 = 4.3%

Number of posts (in 3 Outback forums) at Subaruoutback.org: 6,408

Number of posts in 1 Legacy forum: 113 = 1.7%

This ignores the large number of posts in turbo and naturally aspirated or 2.5 forums that apply to either vehicle. For example, the number of posts in the Technical forums here total 101,672.

But if you are an Outback owner and see some of the posts in this thread, you'd tend to post elsewhere anyway. This is a totally turbo-oriented board and will probably become more so.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

not always true

and my 3.0r doesn't go camping

I don't mean any offense but this brought that VW jetta commercial to mind. Where the white dude meets his asian girls family and the dad is like why don't you guys go hiking. And hes like no why don't you take a hike. Stereotyping is bad sure 75% of jetta owners hike and camp but that doesn't mean they all do.:lol: :lol:

I guess a VW slogan applies for some subaru's too.

I think it has everything to do with the aftermarket. The legacy is the sport version where there is a big aftermarket and people can make them fast if they want to. The outback is more of a offroad hybrid with its higher stance. So to modify a outback and make it super fast and handle well is kind of dumb since handling suspension usually requires lowing a car not raising it.

I think the aftermarket only developed because of the demand.

The Legacy GT is a performance sedan/wagon, therefore it's buyers are more likely to be enthusiastic about it.

Remember the Outback is still a Legacy, you can also get (or used to) an Impreza Outback.

screw them all!

lets quit www.legacygt.com and join www.outbackxt.com

I saw another 3.0R two weeks ago, so you can count both of us "in."

FWIW most of the LegacyGT owners I get a chance to speak to:

1. Haven'te done any "mods" - often I get a dull stare over the meaning of "Mod."

2. Have not visited this site or any other Subaru website, except to buy it.

3. Did not know there was such a thing as an h6. If you have a nose ring, the dealer sales people steer you to Imprezaland, usually.

4. Express great surprise that an Outback has anything in common with a Legacy, other than the nameplate.

By contrast, WRX owners are generally all over Subaru technology, if at a purely layman's level.

The vast majority of Gen III Legacys I see are Outback 2.5's. And this is in New England, home to 48% of all the Subarus in the USA, I'm told.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Ok, Legacy is the SOA step-child car that sells in very low numbers and is being chopped down. Outback is the cash cow, more specificly OBwagons.

One guess. MOST, not all, OB owners don't have much pasion for their cars. They buy a very safe, reliable, money saving car that gets them from A to B and never think about the car again. The LLBean buyers care about the leather, wood, 2 tone trendy enough to pay, but hope to never think about the car again. :icon_conf

Explanation is simple. Most of the Outback owners post on http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/ .

Topics there are broken down much better for the Outback.

Lets face it. legacygt.com is a specialty site for the Legacy GT and realy doesn't cover the Outback very well.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Explanation is simple. Most of the Outback owners post on http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/ .

Topics there are broken down much better for the Outback.

Lets face it. legacygt.com is a specialty site for the Legacy GT and realy doesn't cover the Outback very well.

That site is a major bummer- everyone has sand in their mangina over there. I think this site does a great job of covering the Outback- there's not too much to cover anyway.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Since the Outback is essentially a Legacy, I picked this forum I think because it came up in searches when doing research prior to buying the Outback. Pretty much anything you can do to a Legacy you can do to an Outback, plus I like the people on this forum, except for some of them who are acting like total faggots. :)

I like this post also because of the people and the information. I chose the outback for multiple reasons. One, the wife would not object !! :lol: :lol:

Two, the XT has the same engine as an STI and you can do just about anything to it that they can, and that is a lot!!

Three, I do a lot of outdoor stuff. Hiking, mountianbiking, camping and stuff. I need that extra gound clearance to go where I go. I like the Leggy, but it does not fit my needs. The other Outback fourums I checked out were not very performance oriented, and that sucks.

I eventually want to do some rally-X with my OB XT and call me crazy, but I am even thinking about going out for the California rally circut. I thought the extra ground height of the OB would be good for that. Besides, It would be fun to have a "mommy" wagon kick the snot out of some other cars.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

That site (subaruoutback.org) is a major bummer- everyone has sand in their mangina over there. I think this site does a great job of covering the Outback- there's not too much to cover anyway.

i just had a little "taste" of some over there.

correct me if i'm wrong but it seems to me they are more oriented in taking there cars off-road instead of visually modding their cars.

and i'm sure the vast majority are decent people, like most forums, except for "the few" that argue to try and get you to concede to their point of view.

let's face it. we get our "winners" here also but, thank GOD, they are few and far between.

i just had a little "taste" of some over there.

correct me if i'm wrong but it seems to me they are more oriented in taking there cars off-road instead of visually modding their cars.///

The Australian and NZ Outbacks used to have low range and were used a ot more off-road here, where Jeep was the dial tone. So that's part of it. I've been meaning to ask if the new OB's still have low range there. Also their cars are buit in Japan, not here, and they have much better access to JDM stuff as well. They're not that far from Japan - ask a WWII vet....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived