LegacyGT.com

Opinions on Enkei vs Sparco 18s

zx6rexx

Trying to purchase new 18" wheels soon after I get my Koni struts and H&R springs (trying to do everything at once)

I had my eyes on these Enkei EDR9 for a while:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4418750245B&wheelMake=Enkei+Performance&wheelModel=EDR9&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5+GT&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=Limited&filterFinish=All&filterSize=18&filterBrand=Enkei+Performance&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

These are 18x7.5+45, 22lbs

Recently I looked into these Sparcos and found that they are made by OZ

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=W29039506B&wheelMake=Sparco&wheelModel=Assetto+Gara&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5+GT&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=Limited&filterFinish=All&filterSize=18&filterBrand=Sparco&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

18x8+48, 20lbs

Im really liking these as well and am trying to make up my mind between these 2. Anyone have any experience with the Sparcos? Seems like you cant go wrong with the Enkeis and Ive had experience with them before (have Enkei wheels on my ZX6R) and I liked them.

Whatever I go with, I will be on a lowered car and probably run the usual 225/40/18 tires

Looks like we got a winner I will go for Sparcos.

As for tire size I was planning on going with the recommended 225/40s but if anyone can

confirm that they are using 245/35 with no problems on a lowered car I will go for them.

Also understand that they are better suited for summer tires so I will probably keep my stock wheels for a winter setup..

^ what is the drawback of having a dual bolt pattern on a wheel?

Looks like we got a winner I will go for Sparcos.

As for tire size I was planning on going with the recommended 225/40s but if anyone can

confirm that they are using 245/35 with no problems on a lowered car I will go for them.

Also understand that they are better suited for summer tires so I will probably keep my stock wheels for a winter setup..

^ what is the drawback of having a dual bolt pattern on a wheel?

with right camber and fender roll 245 fits.

From what ive bee reading, it sounds like 245/35s will definetly rub. Also I am planning on going with HR springs which are a little lower than the Epics.

I wasnt trying to roll fenders so Ill probably stick with 225s

Nice hopefully I will cop mine in the next couple weeks along with their Koni struts on sale..thinking about pairing them with the Kumho ASX been hearing good things about those tires.

post pics when you get yours!

Archived