LegacyGT.com

Ok decision time on NEw tires

twisted

so the stock potenzas on my 02 are worn bad and i'm looking to replace them pronto. Keep in mind its the 02 legacy and not my 05 so its not fast nor furious but i still gas it a bit on the turns w/o much abuse.

So i'm not gonna go for NOkians cuz they are way too pricey and i prolly wont keep the car long enuff to justify spending $165 a tire.

My budget is $80-90 a tire.

And of course my most important considerations are:

-SNOW/WET/ICY TRACTION...hey its freakin MN and till i live here its #1 on my list

-Road Noise - the potenzas are noisy IMO so anything better would be nice

Options so far on the list are:

Kumho ECSTA ASX (only -ve i've heard is they prolly wont last too long)

Pirelli P3000

Good Year Assurance

Pls recommend me something that will meet my requirements for snow/wet traction with all season capability and my budget.

THx

which dedicated snow tire do u recommend considering my price range?

the nokians are out cuz of price for sure. I may not even keep my car for another year considering its got 68K on it and i wanna switch to an 07 spec B (as soon as they start dealing on em with low APRs or cash backs)

But i need new tires like yesterday. the stock re92s are so worn i'm getting a slight vibration on the steering at 70mph+ :(

which dedicated snow tire do u recommend considering my price range?

the nokians are out cuz of price for sure. I may not even keep my car for another year considering its got 68K on it and i wanna switch to an 07 spec B (as soon as they start dealing on em with low APRs or cash backs)

But i need new tires like yesterday. the stock re92s are so worn i'm getting a slight vibration on the steering at 70mph+ :(

I've read good things about Avons on Tire Rack. However, there are a lot of complaints about road noise after 15k miles or so.

My current plan is to get the Nokians with 17" wheels for Chicagoland winter driving and filling them with nitrogen for storage during the summer season. AWD and the Nokians and I should be plenty good to go round these parts. Hell I'd even take them to the mountains and just throw a set of chains in the trunk in case it got really bad.

How hard are you going to be pushing the car in the snow? If you drive like there really is snow on the ground (AWD helps maintain traction, it doesn't compensate for the driver's lack of commonsense in inclement weather), any decent snow tire will do. If you plan to do some...ugh spirited snow driving, probably one of the Blizzaks or Hakki's will fit you.

My brother is pretty happy on his Saab 9-5 Aero with Continental Extreme Contact. He finds the car goes fine in Boston area snow and winter muck.

My only reservation to you is that QE is variable on them, buy locally and let the installer deal with returning bad ones if you get so unlucky.

I put the Hankook Ice bears on last winter. Worked great. I had the Pirelli P-zeros M&S the winter before and the Hankooks are 100% better in the snow. I think i paid about $100 a tire at Discount Tire. The other nice thing is these tires are actually very nice riding & handling in dry conditions, when it's just 20 below and to cold to snow. The "all season" M&S I ran in the winter before would just turn into blocks of ice when it was cold, so even when it was clear on the streets they never felt right.

bump people i need more opinions

Belong to Sam's Club, Costco or BJ's?

Michelin X are better on ice and snow than TT's according to some reviews [like CR, FWIW] and cost less.

Or if you are dumping the car, look for used ones on craigslist or eBay.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

any one know how the BF Goodrich Traction T/A are??????

and another question....will the stabdard rims/tires from the 05 LGT fit my 02 LGT without issues??

Cuz if so then i may just get a new rim/tire pkg for the 05 and use the OEM on my 02.

Archived