LegacyGT.com

Ohhh, look what I got today. Rear Skidplate

Well since snowboard season is here and my legacy is lowered I figured that I needed some skidplates. Turns out Subaru doesn't make a rear skid for the 05+ Legacys. So after some asking around I found this.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e209/spdracr00/CIMG1875.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e209/spdracr00/CIMG1878.jpg

Should also work for you outback guys too. looks just like the one i used to have on my wrx...

Where are you placing the safety stands - on the rail that is used with the stock jack? Also how are you lifting the car? I have a floor jack and not sure where I can safely lift from.

Thanks, Bob

merry christmas, found typing jack points into search;)

ignore him, he'll go away.

Where are you placing the safety stands - on the rail that is used with the stock jack? Also how are you lifting the car? I have a floor jack and not sure where I can safely lift from.

Thanks, Bob

there are two metal brackets right inside the sideskirts that i use as jackpoints for the stands. I jack the car from the rear diff or if you car isnt lowered you can use the rear tow loop base to jack from the rear. now i can use my new skidplate as a jack point as well.

• 2 months later...

heck yeah we do!!! We're the only company in the USA that offers a rear skid plate for the 05+

JDMChizad - It should clear, but 3" is pretty big. let me know if it doesnt. haha, I remember shipping your stuff out. She was sneaky and she wanted it to be a suprise for ya.

-Ben @ Primitive Racing

heck yeah we do!!! We're the only company in the USA that offers a rear skid plate for the 05+

JDMChizad - It should clear, but 3" is pretty big. let me know if it doesnt. haha, I remember shipping your stuff out. She was sneaky and she wanted it to be a suprise for ya.

-Ben @ Primitive Racing

That's awesome! I'll let you know what happens. I'm looking forward to checking out the rally school...

• 1 month later...
giving this a bump. I believe this will be one of my next pickups. After all of this snow and me dragging the whole way. I want that extra protection.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Archived