LegacyGT.com

Official : SUBARU TO OFFER LIMITED EDITION 2006 LEGACY 2.5 GT spec.B

melayout

At http://vocuspr.vocus.com/VocusPR30/DotNet/Newsroom/ViewAttachment.aspx?SiteName=Subaru&Entity=PRAsset&AttachmentType=F&EntityID=98659&AttachmentID=8626588a-c7fd-431f-8e2d-5814464a6fd5 :

Dominick Infante

Jessica Tullman

(856) 488-8615

(310) 352-4400

dinfante@subaru.com

jessica.tullman@subieinfo.com

SUBARU TO OFFER LIMITED EDITION

2006 LEGACY 2.5 GT spec.B MODEL

· New spec.B limited to 500 numbered units

· First time offered in the United States

· Navigation system standard

CHERRY HILL, N.J., September 20, 2005 -- Subaru of America, Inc. has introduced the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B performance sedan and will offer just 500 of these special cars for model year 2006. Previously only offered in Japan and Europe, the U.S. version of the spec.B pairs the performance of the 250-horsepower intercooled turbo Boxer engine in the Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan, with exclusive suspension enhancements along with unique design elements and interior features. The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B, the newest offering from America’s All-Wheel Drive leader, stands as the ultimate Subaru Legacy.

The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B is available exclusively with a 5-speed manual transmission and, like all Subaru models, features Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive as standard equipment. Like the Subaru Impreza® WRX® and WRX STI® models, the Legacy spec.B built a loyal following in Japan and Europe before coming to the United States. As it did with the WRX and WRX STI models, Subaru designed a version of the Legacy spec.B specially tailored for U.S. customers.

The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B is quickly identified by its exclusive Titanium Silver Metallic exterior color and aerodynamic side ground-effects moldings with chrome trim. The road-hugging stance of the spec.B is further accentuated by unique 18-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels and 215/45 low profile performance tires that work with the suspension upgrades to deliver improved handling performance. (The standard 2.5 GT Limited Sedan features 17-inch alloy wheels.)

-more-

MORE THAN JUST A PRETTY FACE

The taut suspension of the Legacy 2.5 GT Limited has been thoroughly revised for even sharper response and greater road feel in the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B. The exclusive Bilstein Sport Suspension equips the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B model with performance-tuned shock absorbers for flatter cornering response.

Subaru engineers also replaced the MacPherson strut front suspension with an inverted strut configuration similar to that in the rally-bred Impreza WRX STI, including aluminum-alloy lower control arms. The multi-link rear suspension gains aluminum-alloy rear arms and upper links in place of cast-iron pieces to reduce unsprung weight (and thereby enhance handling response). Finally, the 18-inch alloy wheels are fitted with 215/45 R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer performance tires.

EXCLUSIVE spec. B INTERIOR

The striking Brick Red leather trimmed upholstery highlights the unique interior styling of the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B. The distinctive interior is further differentiated from the 2.5 GT Limited model by aluminum-alloy pedal covers, a 3-spoke MOMO® leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls, “spec.B” floor mats and an individually numbered limited-edition plaque.

The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B further builds on the generous standard equipment of the 2.5 GT Limited Sedan, adding the new Subaru Navigation System and an upgraded audio system with MP3 capability. Standard features shared with the 2.5 GT Limited Sedan include dual-zone automatic climate control, performance-design front seats, power moonroof, an 8-way power driver’s seat and a 4-way power passenger seat (both with 4-stage heating) and heated exterior mirrors. All Legacy models for 2006 feature, as standard equipment, Subaru Advanced Frontal Air Bag System, front seat side impact air bags, active front seat head restraints and side curtain air bags.

BIG POWER, CONFIDENT CONTROL

The 2.5-liter intercooled turbo Boxer engine in the spec.B produces 250 horsepower @ 5,600 rpm and 250 lb.-ft. of peak torque @ 3,600 rpm. Putting the power down is the Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive which, when teamed with a 5-speed manual transmission as in the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B, employs a viscous-coupling locking center differential with a 50:50 torque split. Slippage at the front or rear wheels will transfer more power to the opposite set.

-more-

A 4-wheel disc Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) is standard on all Legacy models. The 2.5 GT Limited and 2.5 GT spec.B models employ larger brake rotors than other Legacy models, with ventilated rear discs in place of solid discs.

About Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of nearly 600 dealers across the United States. Subaru makes the best-selling All-Wheel Drive car sold in America based on R.L. Polk & Co. new vehicle retail registration statistics calendar year-end 2004. For additional information visitwww.subaru.com.

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B

Basic Specifications

Engine

2.5-liter 4-cylinder intercooled/turbocharged Boxer

250 horsepower @ 5,600 rpm / 250 lb.-ft. of peak torque @ 3,600 rpm.

Transmission

5-speed manual

All-Wheel Drive

Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive using viscous-coupling locking center differential with 50:50 torque split

Suspension

4-wheel independent, Bilstein Sport Suspension, aluminum-alloy front control arms and aluminum-alloy rear arms and upper links

Wheels and tires

18 x 7-in. aluminum-alloy wheels with 215/45 R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer performance tires

Brakes

4-wheel disc Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD); 12.3-in. front ventilated discs and 11.3-in. rear ventilated discs

Wheelbase

105.1 in.

Length

186.2 in.

Height

56.5 in.

Curb weight

3,400 lbs.

# # #

I keed I keeed

Official: LGT Spec. B to be overweight and overpriced. More at 11.

3400 lbs. is only marginally heavier than the LGT ltd.

As for the price, we'll have to wait and see. I just wish the Spec B would have been a performance package, rather than a bling package with one or two performance parts thrown in.

Upgraded suspension, but still riding on skinny 215mm tires. And no power increase. Not much to get excited about.

A token 15 or 20 h.p. power increase would have been nice, and good marketing on the part of Subaru, but I don't care so much about the power increase because that's easy to take care of. However, I would have rather seen a brake upgrade than nav or some of the other non-performance stuff, and a price in the $31-32K range.

That tire dimension sounds strange. Not only is that skinny for an 18" tire, but being 215/45, that means it is a full inch larger in diameter than a stock LGT tire, as opposed to just being a plus-1 size 18" tire. I would think that would be significantly detrimental to acceleration.

Tuned specially for the US market.

That goes to show what they think of us. That Americans, especially american enthusiasts are morons.

NAV standard... As long as it is optional, who cares? Profit taking -1.

Red Interior... I'd rather have more horsepower, but it doesn't look bad. Profit taking. -1.

Titanium silver paint. Evidently one silver legacy isn't enough. Instead of a brighter blue, Like Subie Trademark WR Blue Pearl, or a brighter red... Lets paint it silver, with no other option. cost-cut mongering. -1

18x7 wheels. Can't really fault SOA there, as they are the same as 2.0GT Spec B. But why not 7.5? At least that would fit more common 225mm tires, with more tread width.

Bilstein inverted strut suspension. Good. Aluminum Control Arms. Good. Lack of compenating springs for the 18" wheels. Bad. At least lower it back down to where the GT already is, and a tad lower would be better... I wonder if the rear swaybar is larger than GT stock.

Audio controls. Should be available or standard. MP3 stereo, TPMS, etc. should be the same. NAV should be optionally available with ALL MT Legacys, including Wagons for both... but that is assuming that SOA would figure out that it is advantageous to do the right thing.

The ONLY reason NAV isn't available on MT GTs is b/c they want you to buy the Spec. B if you want it that bad. This way, they will sell all the Spec. Bs. It would be very surprising if MTs came w/ NAV after the Spec Bs were sold out..now wouldnt that be interesting...

<----Doesn't count on SOA doing that though...they aren't smart enough to figure that out...

The ONLY reason NAV isn't available on MT GTs is b/c they want you to buy the Spec. B if you want it that bad. This way, they will sell all the Spec. Bs. It would be very surprising if MTs came w/ NAV after the Spec Bs were sold out..now wouldnt that be interesting...

<----Doesn't count on SOA doing that though...they aren't smart enough to figure that out...

I would have to supplement that last statement... I know everyone has been over and over this... But SOA is really shooting themselves in the collective foot with this model line.

The Manual Trans/Sedan/Nav thing has crossed my mind that they would be trying to sell the Spec B.

However, that begs the question, since the wagon does not get a Manual trans, NOR a Spec B setup, why does it still not get NAV? Especially with the logical touring bent of a wagon bodystyle...

That and why does Canada still get the Legacy GT wagon with the 5MT? I can't believe that in a numbers game that the canadian market can justify the option, when the US market can't?

I would have to supplement that last statement... I know everyone has been over and over this... But SOA is really shooting themselves in the collective foot with this model line.

The Manual Trans/Sedan/Nav thing has crossed my mind that they would be trying to sell the Spec B. Especially with the logical touring bent of a wagon bodystyle...

However, that begs the question, since the wagon does not get a Manual trans, NOR a Spec B setup, why does it still not get NAV?

That and why does Canada still get the Legacy GT wagon with the 5MT? I can't believe that in a numbers game that the canadian market can justify the option, when the US market can't?

The world will never know...

...unlessssssss we can kidnap someone from SOA and torture them into telling the truth.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived