LegacyGT.com

Official SoCal Drinking/Bar Thread

GetAwayDriver

Saw this on a few other sites and thought it was a good idea since there seems to be a decent amount of SoCal LGTers. An opportunity to plan meets where hops and barley are the main attractions if you will.

This thread is basically a thread that allows LGTers a way to get in touch with each other to plan get-togethers, parties and bar nights sans cars (for the obvious safety and responsibility reasons). It would be fun to meet up with fellow Subie fans and LGT drivers in a beverage rich environment. Post nights you might want to host an event or meet up for drinks, dinner, coffee or whatever. Just an alternative to a bunch of dudes standing around in a parking lot.

That said...

I'm going to be trekking to a few pubs tomorrow night with good friend of mine along Wilshire BLVD, namely O'Briens and Sonny O'Briens (Brentwood, Santa Monica area). If anyone wants to meet up for a few pints, PM me. I can give you a phone number. Talked with Flanders and he might be in.

Post and bullshit away!

We need to plan a SoCal bar night. I'm thinking early May.. Any input?

Nevermind. Just got my SOA bill today, MA property tax has officially fucked me in the ass. Money does not exist.

CREDIT CARD!!!

May or June for a LGT bar night sans cars (obviously).

I'm not entirely sure. The Chase letter didn't make too much sense but I talked it over and faxed a copy to my father and we checked it out. Its an overall lux tax on the car that gets factored in per annum. Its a certain percentage of the total value.

Either way, I am going to need a beer after this one. Oh wait :( Empty pockets from getting the STS and iONS. :)

I went to Sonny O'briens on Friday night. Seems like a cool place, I would go back. Lets say I got accidentally trashed saturday night. The daytime meet turned into a nighttime poker party. I took a cab home.

Yeh SB's is a pretty good place. I like it because it has a real Boston/NE crowd that goes there and they have a good selection of English beers. Where was the Saturday meet again? You must have had one mother of a cab fare.

• 2 years later...

.......... ARISE FROM THE GRAVE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sooo,............. The Slide Bar in Downtown Fullerton is usually a good time. Oh and The Canyon Inn (cougar bar) over in Yorba Linda is fun too.

And I can't forget the Sunset Lounge in Fullerton (right across the street from Renick Subaru). Dive bar at it's BEST. Sticky floors, cheesy Karoke, and CHEAP strong drinks. :D

:munch:

Archived