LegacyGT.com

Official: Rallitek Performance Inc - GP Moto Coilovers |Group Buy|

illt3ck

http://www.usoutdoorstore.com/images/rallitek/rallitek_logo.gif

RalliTEK Perfomance Inc.

Established in 2003

RalliTEK is a Subaru shop that specializes in all facets of the brand. At RalliTEK we have over twelve years of combined Subaru technical experience, as well as the latest and greatest in performance and style. Some of our employees hold Subaru Master Certifications and can perform factory recommended services for your Subaru. Our teams also specialize in fabrication and performance as well as scheduled maintenences. Our backgrounds mostly consist of experiences from Subaru of America, Wentworth Subaru and Carr Subaru.

Product - GP Moto Coilovers (Fits LegacyGT Sedan / Wagon AND OBXT)

http://www.gpmototech.com/images/content/content/prods/coilover_LGT_F_small.jpg

Coilover Suspension:

No serious suspension is complete without a quality set of coilovers and that is why GPMoto now offers it's new line of fully adjustable coilovers. These inverse coilover systems are 15-way adjustable for height, damping and rebound and spring pre-load and feature front camber adjustable pillowball upper mounts.

Sean from Rallitek has GRACIOUSLY offered our community the following pricing:

Regular cost: $1695

GB cost:

1-5 sets - $1550

5-10 sets - $1499

10-15 sets $1450

20+ sets $1425

Shipping costs will vary by location. Usually less than $30.

We have 17 interested from the thread here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13776

If you are interested in participating in this group buy, please post in this thread and I will contact you regarding ordering from Rallitek once we've garnered the necessary interest.

Group Buy Expires: July 1st

Let's get this rollin' guys!

1. iLLt3ck

2. CFar1

3. Chucktoo

This is direct from Sean @ Rallitek:

"Everyone can choose the spring rate they want for no extra charge!! (Rates from 4K to 10K) Usually setup with 6k front / 4k rear."

Sean will have 20 sets in stock as of the 24th.

After the group buy closes the next week they will ship!

I've added you to the list, thank you.

The Incoming sets will be 8/8 standard. The first batch of sets were 6/6. The reason for going to 8K was because the 6K's were slightly too soft for the avg coilover user, and the 8K's in many ways are softer riding. That said if you really want ride comfort AND handling, I suggest getting some Pilot Sport A/S or comparible tire with a soft sidewall, then at your track day, autoX, etc run your sticky rubber.

The Incoming sets will be 8/8 standard. The first batch of sets were 6/6. The reason for going to 8K was because the 6K's were slightly too soft for the avg coilover user, and the 8K's in many ways are softer riding. That said if you really want ride comfort AND handling, I suggest getting some Pilot Sport A/S or comparible tire with a soft sidewall, then at your track day, autoX, etc run your sticky rubber.

Does that mean that Drewsters' set is 6K/6K? I'm a bit confused here: why would 8K ride better then 6K?

Does that mean that Drewsters' set is 6K/6K? I'm a bit confused here: why would 8K ride better then 6K?

If you take into account the decreased suspension travel with the lowered stance a stiffer spring rate will then benefit.

If you take into account the decreased suspension travel with the lowered stance a stiffer spring rate will then benefit.
\

But Sean says the usual rate is 6K/4K. How do you explain that?

6/4 is the off the shelf spring rate for all other subaru applications at this time.

The stiffer springs can ride better because they force the TIRE to do more of the work. So instead of the whole suspension moving around the tire simply deforms around small imperfections. It also can make impacts change from large movements of the whole car and longer duration motions into one sharp impact that you notice much less.

\

But Sean says the usual rate is 6K/4K. How do you explain that?

As Xt6 mentioned above they moved to the increased spring rate because the first run were too soft for the average coilover user. If you'd like to debate spring rates feel free to PM XT6 or Rallitek, this is not the thread for that discussion.

what is the lowering height range?

are my teeth going to rattle out of my head?

i want performance and a better stance....just don't want to kill my daily driver with a harsh ride. would these be ok for me and what settings would i need? oh, and anyone have an idea what the labor cost would be for an install?

Thanks!

Fully adjustable. You can order different spring rates, you can adjust heights typically thought of as practical (what youre looking for). And being able to adjust the rates in the shock will be more tunable than what you have now.

In other words if you want a suspension that you can take on a road trip in comfort, you can do it. If you want a car you can take to the track for fun, you can do it all with one coilover.

re: are my teeth going to rattle out of my head?

I was worried about that when I got coilovers for my S4. I loved the improvement in handling, but wish I would have done a little stiffer setup. Its tough to pick without trying.

I don't think the default setup is anywhere near too stiff.

Curious how much additional springs would be if one wants to go a little stiffer?

some of your answers might be found here.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10719&page=1&pp=10&highlight=AVO+coilovers

According to those members that currently own these coilovers they have all commented that it is the nicest riding coil-over as far as comfort is concerned while not sacrificing the ride quality the the legacy commands.

Shall I ad sutter2k and Han'sGT to the list?

Archived