LegacyGT.com

OEM EGT probe plug size in UP???

RaGe

i found this much.

12mm 1.25 thread bolt

but how long does this plug need to be. I cant for the life of me remember what the factory one looked liked. I put the factory probe in a aftermarket UP pipe and i want to get it out of there.

And one more question: I have the APv1. Already loaded the map for stage II, i should be ok correct? Or will i need to do a resistor fix? And what should i do with the probe? Take it out and zip tie it, or unplug it all together?

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

i am reading too many horror stories about the factory probe breaking into pieces and flying into the turbo. even though there is conflicting stories about this from what i have read, but i would like to have that self assurance, and not have to worry about that.

Even though it was nice for data logging purposes cuz my STRI EGT gauge is not very accurate, it is not something that i am willing to try out.

OTM.

so even though i have the accessport i will still have to do the resistor fix?

And i am not understanding the 2 nuts as jam nuts thing. ( i see you responding over on C/Os as well )

OTM.

Yes to the resistor.

Place the 2 nuts onto the bolt high up, screw the bolt into the glory hole (ask Val-z for details) then take the first nut; the black one (again see val-z) and screw it tight against the glory hole, then take the second nut the red one (see AKLG for this) and jam it hard against the first nut (Val-zs nut)

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9798/newbitmapimagezt7.png

questions?

:lol:

just what the M8 grade or higher means. then i think i am good.

This way i can set the depth that i want by marking the factory probe when taking it out so i know how far to set the depth when putting the bolt in. got it.

Called radio shack and they have the resistor. So check there. your theory on the bolt with the two nuts, check.

Just the grade M8. But i think i know what you mean there too. Its the style of bolt i believe.

OTM.

ok i got the M8 grade thing. i am good now. thanks rich.

and especially for yoru theory :lol:

OTM.

ok i got the M8 grade thing. i am good now. thanks rich.

and especially for yoru theory :lol:

I aim to please (dont ask Val-z :lol::lol:)

Get a bolt 1.5-2" that should be enough to put both nutz on and still fit the hole. A little extra wont hurt. It is going to be a PITA to do this after the fact though...Good luck :spin:

Shawn, you will have a hard time finding the proper bolt it's an odd ball size i ordered mine from McMaster-Carr and had to buy a box (25) i have some left over :lol: and if you pm me your address i will ship a couple to you. when you get them they need to be cut to length not a big deal. let me know. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

well after running all over this town and the next counties i found 1. Its an 8.8 So its a step up from grade 8. but 12mm and its about 2 inches long. thread pitch of 1.25. Got two nuts as well ( 8.8 ) Along with some aniti-seize. Getting ready to throw on some old clothes again and do this. i am going to re torque the bolts anyways ( manifold etc....) So i can throw my skid plate back on.

Appreciate it bosco. if it doesnt work i may have to hit you up. but thank you.

OTM.

no protune in my future.

i am done now. It does not appear to be leaking. I started it up and felt around it. Felt nothing. So i am good there.

Threw my skid plate back on too after checking the nuts for the manifold./ up. Still tight. so i went ahead and threw it back on.

OTM.

i'm not protuned nor have a i done the resistor fix. no cels. so... what you talkin bout RC?

The truth :)

AP V1 does not fix the uppipe cel. Review the release notes.

I didnt get a phone call last night how did it go RaGe?

Good so far. Replacing the EGT took about 10 minutes. Wasnt bad at all. And so far no leaks. i went to radio shack and got the 1/2 watt 2.2k resistor. So i should be good. Just dont understand why my EGT readings are so high according to my gauge. But yet when i i had the OEM EGT in it read about 200 lower than what my aftermarket is.

OTM.

as soon as you explain why the readings are so far off. Dont get mouthy or i will send val over.

OTM.

Archived