LegacyGT.com

O.Z.Superleggera vs. O.Z.Superleggera

blacky

As tiltle says this is about O.Z. Superleggera's. Found'em on tirerack.com. The one that I preffer are GOLD.

Both are 18x8 , but one is $259 with offset +48mm (and lightweight around 18.7lbs) and the other is $189 with offset +51mm.

So they look the same ,but one set of lightweight cost $280 more then the other non-lightweight. BS differences in offsets.

So the Q.: Is it worth to pay an extra $280 for set - as per weight difference?, Is is so noticable?:confused:

there aren't two versions made. They are the same weight, AFAIK. A new version...'Ultraleggera' has been released, so the price difference is probably for a closeout. They might have higher stock on the cheaper one, thus the price to get it moved out. I have 18x8 ET48 on my car and they work fine....I would have preferred ET51, so go for it!!!

Great then:) . And as We speak set of Pirellis PZero Nero M&S would be ok( as ultra high allseason perf) on it? ........ Simply do not want to do an investment for strickly summer or winter tires. http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/pirelli/pi_p_zero_nero_ms_ci2_l.jpg

I bought the 18X8 51mm offset Superleggera's about a month ago, and with 225/40/18 Kumho MX's they weight 41lbs on my scale at home. 51mm offset gives you 3mm more clearance from the fender, after I wear out these tires this summer my next set will likely be 245/35/18's. Sorry no pictures of them on the car yet, waiting until spring to install springs and a turboback exhaust. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23972

According to this link, the 51mm 18X8 OZ superleggera's are 17.4 lbs.

http://www.1010tire.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=OZ&wheelmodel=Superleggera+%2D+Race+Silver

What size tires are you going with? With the 225 on an 8" wide rim there is not much to protect the rim like a 245 with more sidewall width would.

a 245/35/18 is a good fit for an 8" wheel and awfully close to stock rolling diameter. Most people run 225/40/18's....I did on two sets and wasn't crzy about the taller profile.

I live in NYC-area, as everybody knows it's a one hell of a pot-hole city:icon_lol: .

Even if You are good - U can't avoid'em all. In this case is better to go with taller profile like 235-240/ 35/18, am I right?

I live in NYC-area, as everybody knows it's a one hell of a pot-hole city:icon_lol: .

Even if You are good - U can't avoid'em all. In this case is better to go with taller profile like 235-240/ 35/18, am I right?

If you want to know what the effect of taller tires will have on your speedo, this is a good link.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

good tool:) .Thanks

Edit: But I'm more with tire width 225-235 or maybe 245 and the profile 30-35 or 40 (40 might be to high of a sidewall).

Beside the correct reading from odor meter is the proportion between tire width , profile hight to fender curve (inside) so the tire will have enough clearience.

I know that U can get something out of aligment.

BTW I'm going to instal Ion's Springs soon- so consider lowered car.

I know that wider is more stickier (fuel economy drop.)but highier tire is better for pot-hole, corect me if I'm wrong.

225/40/18 has more sidewall than 245/35/18. In fact, it has almost the same as stock, so your overall height is an inch more than stock (17 to 18 inch wheel gains an inch).

actually, since the stockers are a little tall for a 215/45 17, most 225/40 18 are only about .3" more OD than stock. ;)

24.8 vs 25.1

actually, since the stockers are a little tall for a 215/45 17, most 225/40 18 are only about .3" more OD than stock. ;)

24.8 vs 25.1

you might want to read up a bit before being so sure of yourself. :lol: Stock tires = 24.6 and most 225/40/18's are 25.2. Source=bridgestone.com

you should be fine with 225/40/18 in the city.. if you can find a 235/40/18 that would be just as fine as well.. if you dont plan on lowering the car, you can be really obscure and did what I did: 245/40/18, but you will need to roll your fenders.

225/40/18 is a good number to work with if you plan to do a lot of city driving.. just make sure your tire pressures are up to handle the pothole's thirst for rims. The more tire pressure you have, the more sidewall support you have to keep the rims from seeing the actual pavement when impact occurs. Drive slower than usual and straddle your car OVER the pothole and you'll be ok.

Keefe

you might want to read up a bit before being so sure of yourself. :lol: Stock tires = 24.6 and most 225/40/18's are 25.2. Source=bridgestone.com

D'OH!

lol, I do read, was just thinking of my last stock tires ......... re050's. :)

thanks for the correction though.

you should be fine with 225/40/18 in the city.. if you can find a 235/40/18 that would be just as fine as well.. if you dont plan on lowering the car, you can be really obscure and did what I did: 245/40/18, but you will need to roll your fenders.

225/40/18 is a good number to work with if you plan to do a lot of city driving.. just make sure your tire pressures are up to handle the pothole's thirst for rims. The more tire pressure you have, the more sidewall support you have to keep the rims from seeing the actual pavement when impact occurs. Drive slower than usual and straddle your car OVER the pothole and you'll be ok.

Thanks Keefe, but I'm lowering my ride(Ion's), that's why I was concern. So I understand to be in save with a clearience I should stay with a 225mm width , and I'll be able to keep 40mm profile, right?:)

yes, 225/40/18 is fine, it fits under the stock perches.. I ran a much more aggressive fitment than what you are looking at. I have fitted a set of 255/35/18 Toyo T1-S tires with 18"x8" +51mm SSR wheels on my car lowered on coilovers, and still didnt need fender rolling. You'll be fine.
Keefe

ok. Got the package from www.tirerack.com I mean 3 pcs. - the 4th wheel will arrive tomorrow (Ups mess-up). So that's why no pics of'em instaled, but from first view they look good. I took 225/40/18 Pirelli tires. Placed one O.Z. next to OEM wheel and It's is about an inch taller. Pics later- evening.

There is one thing - What about the SPARE, where can I get an 18"spare?

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see them on the car!

I'm not sure you need a different spare if the difference in OD between the stock and the new tires is just 0.6", but I guess I'm not sure how that would affect the AWD system, either. You wouldn't need an 18" wheel for a spare necessarily; as long as you're just looking for a emergency spare, all that really matters is that the OD of the tire is the same. So you can probably find a cheap 17" wheel somewhere and mount a slightly taller (than stock) tire on it; one that matches the diameter of your new ones.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

[q

I just got the same rims yesterday w/ General UHP !!! I weighed them-----4lbs lighter than my stock setup:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

uote=blacky]pics,and sorry for a quality, had to cut from 6M

Bump for some installed pics! Only 2 more months and I will be putting mine on.

I'm just going to use the stock spare to get home if I have a flat and reinstall the stock wheels/tires if I have to get one of the 18's repaired. Not worth it to me to get a larger spare since I seldom go over 30-40 miles from home.

Archived