LegacyGT.com

nstg8r's 2012 3.6R Limited mod journal

Intake:

aFe Takeda Retain TR-4304P Stage-2 cold air intake system (thanks to nadracer)

aFe Power Takeda IAF PRO DRY S air filter

aFe Takeda intake wrapped in Thermo-Tec Thermo-Shield

HPS 3" 4-ply blue silicone intake hose couplers (thanks to fredrik94087)

SaxonPC 6:1 aluminum honeycomb MAF airflow straightener

HKS air intake funnel

Custom ram air intake

Volant 61514 Donaldson PowerCore air filter

Interior:

OEM trunk cargo net set for 4th Gen Legacy

Redline Goods perforated black leather armrest with gray piping

Others:

miniDSP 2x4 digital sound processor w/miniDC Isolator

Lots of various LEDs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, photos please.

And, what pressure, eh?

The pressure...is my 2013 build next as you suggested ? :lol::spin:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I am curious about this one... Daytime running light resistor disconnected I don't like being told when to run my lights :) Is there a how-to? I couldn't find it on the search. I have to give you the award to the Most Additional Lighting :) I think you could be a make shift runway :D

I am curious about this one... Daytime running light resistor disconnected I don't like being told when to run my lights :) Is there a how-to? I couldn't find it on the search. I have to give you the award to the Most Additional Lighting :) I think you could be a make shift runway :D

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/drl-bumper-196562.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/temporarily-disable-drli-137854.html?highlight=DRL

The only lights on my car that are still stock are the glove box, instrument panels and ignition cylinder ring. :cool:

I am curious about this one... Daytime running light resistor disconnected I don't like being told when to run my lights :)

I also did a complicated wiring setup so I could defeat the high beam/drl circuit on demand. I never did a write-up (sorry guys), but it involves a donor relay, a new relay and a switch. Basically, you find yourself a cheap replacement relay, open it up, rip out it's guts, solder wires to the terminals, seal it back up, crimp on connectors, connect it to the OEM relay. Then you connect that mess via a 2-connector wire thru the firewall to another relay in the dash which is controlled by a switch. Here's where I put the switch: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4519188&postcount=4266

It's 11°F now and will be around 6° when I get home from work tonight. :eek:

You better get busy on your lunch break then... :)

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

Can you give us a link to where you picked yours up. Part # pls?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OZW884/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]HPS (HTSEC45-300-BLUE) 3" 45° Elbow Silicone Hose Coupler : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

I should have said the best way, at least my way, for cutting the 45.

I tightened the clamp onto the 45 and measured 3". I was able to use the edge of the clamp as a guide for my knife. That made it rather easy to cut.

And, for some reason, the HPS 45 made it easier to make the OEM snorkel and box line up.

Looks good!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I should have said the best way, at least my way, for cutting the 45.

I tightened the clamp onto the 45 and measured 3". I was able to use the edge of the clamp as a guide for my knife. That made it rather easy to cut.

And, for some reason, the HPS 45 made it easier to make the OEM snorkel and box line up.

Looks good!

I did it all freehand with a steak knife, lol. I also left a little extra on the ends to give at an extra tight fit. There is a lot less play with the whole setup now.

I did it all freehand with a steak knife, lol. I also left a little extra on the ends to give at an extra tight fit. There is a lot less play with the whole setup now.

Even with the clamp on there and using a utility knife, it wasn't perfect. It just made it easier to follow a line.

I wish replacement hoses were offered for our 3.6R....

Archived