LegacyGT.com

Now my sunroof broke :(

Cant get a break with this car really. It will go back but not forward and I can then push it all the way forward but the back does not raise back up level. I really dont feel like taking out the head liner anytime soon. Hopefully is isnt too bad to fix.

taking the headliner out isn't actually too painful, just you'll want a garage and a few beers.

Took me 3 beers to get the entire liner down, was a bit harder than I thought with the dual sunroofs but persistence paid off lol. Was a dead end for my issue :<

Yes, time is now counted in beers consumed.

How do you get it to close fully at least? The back is still down some like it does before it goes back. Im afraid if it rains hard it will leak. This car has been more trouble then any car I ever owned. I verified the cables were not attached also.

You have rain guards in the sunroof, so if it is not sealed 100% you will be fine. You can take the whole sunroof out and manually/permanently keep it shut. I did this once by putting sheet metal screws behind the wheel in the track to prevent it from opening.

I will prob do that then I guess Im not a big fan of a sun roof anyway. I just hate to leave something broken. I know there is rain rails too but not sure they can handle too much water.

Rear view mirror freaked me out too, just pull it and it pops off, you'll see what I mean when you do it.

It has weird pin things that hold it in place

My legacy in JDM, shouldn't be any different though. Afterwards you just need to undo the screw once pull off and refeed it through the pins.

It will make more sense once you pull it off

Grab it by the metal though

Finished today it looked like the cables just came out of the crimped slot in the back. I did not want to fix it for it to happen again later though so I just got it back in the full closed position and put some screws in it. Seems to be quieter with the shade open also.

I had 1 drain hose that was not connected also that was leaking a bit but didnt get too bad yet. I just reconnected it and put a zip tie around it.

Zip tie works but i'd also rub a tiny bit of silicon on the fitting before putting the hose over it just to make sure it keeps the seal.

Good chance to give all the rails a good clean out and if the top part of the shade cover is lifting glueing it back down etc :>

Hope you have photos for all your efforts xD

I didnt take any photos I didnt do much with the unit itself except for remove the cables and screw it in place. The drains prob wont be used too much now cause not much rain will get past the seal around the glass. I did clean the rails some but they wont be used anymore. I also blowed out the drains with an air gun.

Its pretty tricky to figure out exactly how it works at first.

Even with seals etc water still gets through in tiny tiny amounts, look at any aluminuim window framing and you'll see the base has drainage for just this reason as water still can seep through the rubber seals when raining.

Good work though xD

About how long in non-beer consumption time? I need to remove my headliner to a) fix the sunroof cover panel because my ex-girlfriend punched it off the tracks and b) replace my entire sunroof. I'm assuming at some time my Leggy was a snow car judging from the pitting on the hood and windshield. Oh and the horrible rust all along the front of my sunroof...

Archived