LegacyGT.com

North NJ Dealers - Recs?

Looking at shopping for an 08 Spec.B, wondering if there are any dealers to go to or to stay away from? Obviously, for a spec.B I'm likely to go to whomever has one in stock, but if there is a particularly good or bad dealer I can always have the car transferred. Right now, Lynnes Subaru in Bloomfield (Newark border) is closest to me.

Thanks

Wayne Subaru's Sales Department is EXCELLENT, however the Service Department I question.

Ramsey Subaru's Sales Department is okay, but they kind of beat around the bush, but their Service is amazing and very Mod-Friendly :)

Stay far, far away from Lynnes.

I recommend Wayne Subaru. Ask for Chris for new car sales.

I service my car there all the time and never had a problem with them. Sorry derffred had a bad experience. IMO no service department is perfect, but I've found that they are one of the better ones.

Guest heightsgtltd
I got my LGT LTD at Town Motors, they were great for price. Had everything agreed on via e-mail before I even showed up.

Looking at shopping for an 08 Spec.B, wondering if there are any dealers to go to or to stay away from? Obviously, for a spec.B I'm likely to go to whomever has one in stock, but if there is a particularly good or bad dealer I can always have the car transferred. Right now, Lynnes Subaru in Bloomfield (Newark border) is closest to me.

Thanks

I bought my 02 Forester from Lynnes but hear their service dept is shady, do a search to see what I mean. I bought my 05 LGT from Hillside Subaru on Rt 22, which is probably close to you as well and their service dept is shady after I took my car for a non warranty service, had to get SoA involved.

i can vouch for Town Motors service dept, they are top notch compared to the others. It's just out of the way for me.

There's also Subaru of Morristown I never used them but I plan to get the recall campaigns done on my 02 Forester. At my work area at Florham Park I see their shuttles and loaner cars sometimes. Usually crappy service don't even offer those services, I mean a shuttle.

I bought my LGT from Flemington Subaru. Had the price for the car agreed upon before I got there. Very easy transaction. Stay away from Loman in Parsippany. The salesperson I used was:

Alex Leist

Sales Manager

Flemington Subaru

(908) 782-2025

aleist@flemington.com

Bought mine from Liberty Subaru in Oradell NJ.

I have shopped around with Town Motor Subaru in Englewood, and Ramsey Subaru.

Town Motor I have nothing to say beacuse their email response was 1 month late due to the rep being on vacation?!

Ramsey Subaru was kinda eh, the sales manager promised me the absolute LOWEST price and it was still $1,000 more than Liberty Subaru.

Liberty Subaru probably don't have the Lowest price but comes darn close.

Also, they have friendly staff and service people are very friendly.

But this is just my opinion.

If you are a strong negotiator, Town Motors is a good place to go since the salesmen there fold like tissue paper. they often have kids just out of highschool as salesmen, and you can get some good deals as a result of their inexperiance. Just dont expect them to know the products they are selling.

Wayne Subaru's Sales Department is EXCELLENT, however the Service Department I question.

Ramsey Subaru's Sales Department is okay, but they kind of beat around the bush, but their Service is amazing and very Mod-Friendly :)

Yea i wasnt happy with Ramsey Subarus sales department.....they forgot to add in sales tax to my bill then called me up two weeks later and told me about it.....i have never been to the service department yet.

I heard that Liberty Subaru (Oradell) is really good...i went there and they were really nice but i got Ramsey down a little cheaper

-Brian

Guest heightsgtltd
If you are a strong negotiator, Town Motors is a good place to go since the salesmen there fold like tissue paper. they often have kids just out of highschool as salesmen, and you can get some good deals as a result of their inexperiance. Just dont expect them to know the products they are selling.

Yeah I was happy with my price, but not the salesperson :lol:

Just use the email/fax attack and send quotes to all dealers in the NJ area. Once you get the lowest price just go to your favorite and see if they will match the price.

I negotiated over email and bought at Liberty, I was there for maybe 30min (20 min in the car looking it over) total.

• 3 years later...

Just put a down payment on a 2012 legacy 3.6r limited with sunroof, spoiler, body molding in deep indigo pearl with Liberty Subaru in Oradell. I live in Long Island, so everything was done by e-mail (quite a few I might add) with Clayton Earle except for having to come in to get the trade in value of my 2001 Ford Focus zts.

No pressure tactics from him to come on down and blah, blah, blah like I got from the dealerships in my area. I highly recommend them.

Archived