LegacyGT.com

noob question about the Cubbypod

nike923

ok, so I received my cubbypod from Casopolis last week (great vendor and product), but i can't figure out how to install. i've only read posts about how easy is to install and how great it looks but apparently i'm too retarded to figure it out myself. thanks in advance for the help.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Are u serious?

Unfortunately. Casopolis didn't know what went wrong and I don't either. Not looking to buy a replacement either- once bitten, twice shy.

Jedi, that sucks. You got the 1 bad one I guess. Mine went in easily with no problem
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest *Jedimaster*
curious why you didnt sent it back...

There weren't any others available and I had the cubby out so I figured I'd either have a mucked up one or none at all. It's in there, but it's not a very pretty sight- my homemade one was better.

mine looks great, but there is some minor rubbing occuring on the top inside the cubby where the door hinges are enclosed. gonna try and shave it down myself...probably not smart, but i'll let you know how it goes...

:lol: I was thinking that too :lol:

I'm not saying Casopolis is a bad guy or anything, but what I got was out of spec.

Casopolis seems like a decent, honest vendor with a positive reputation on the boards. I would of thought he'd offer a replacement when he made the next batch due to yours being out of spec. :confused:

- The Mortgage Man

So did I, but no dice. Ah well, no biggie.

mine is screwed up as well (the top of it is shifted about 2mm backwards).

Cas has offered me a partial refund, but he doesn't seem to be too keen on sending me a new one...

I'll let him know what I'm going to do after I attempt the install this weekend.

Guest *Jedimaster*
He told me that it was impossible to get one that doesn't fit perfectly because the machine is so accurate. Might be the same machine he was bitching about not working a couple of weeks ago....

Hey all, I am glad I found this thread.

Jedi, it seemed you were not interested in getting a new one because all the work it took you on yours to get it to work. Like I said, the machine builds to high accuracies and builds off the same file everytime. I inspect each part, but must have missed something on yours. Maybe some material fell when it shouldn't have (heat damage). If you send me back your cut up piece, I will send you a new one. No doubt. I'm not about to stick you if you are unhappy.

Crash,

I understand exactly what happened to your piece and it will fit fine and fully funcitonal. I wanted to see pictures after install to see if it was noticable. I understand your being upset, trust me I am not happy either. As build times are lengthy and the lead times are long (and I still have a few orders to fill)..... I was hoping to see how the install went and make you a deal if you and I were both satisfied. Install it (should not take that long), take pics, and lets talk about it. Hopefully we can work this out, either way, you will be happy in the end. I will be sure of that.

For the slight rubbing issues at the hinges.... this is known. It is due to Legacy production differences (very slight ones add up). If you have ever taken out that center console and vents you will see that nothing is perfect and center. You should caliper it.... NOTHING is square back there. I did not like the look of a large gap along the sides where the hinges are so I made it a tighter fit. Some people can hear a slight rub when they close the door, but most don't. Since I just keep the door open, it would not affect me... but my piece does not rub. You should be safe sanding it if that is what you want to do... just support it well so you don't snap a thin section of plastic. When you take it back out, be careful at the tabs so you don't snap those either. Like I said, I would not worry about that rubbing, unless it is really bad. I have not heard anything about harsh rubbing though.

Jedi and Crash, PM me to continue this discussion. I am out of town this weekend but I will check PM's here and there. We will get it worked out. Customer Service is first in my book, money is second. Good customer service = money in the long run.

-Jon

He told me that it was impossible to get one that doesn't fit perfectly because the machine is so accurate. Might be the same machine he was bitching about not working a couple of weeks ago....

Yes it is. Those problems kept the machine from running though. Once it is running, we are all set. That was independant of your issue.

And yes this machine has been pissing me off lately and I am losing hundreds of dollars because of it. So I curse at it. :icon_mad:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yes it is. Those problems kept the machine from running though. Once it is running, we are all set. That was independant of your issue.

And yes this machine has been pissing me off lately and I am losing hundreds of dollars because of it. So I curse at it. :icon_mad:

I'd curse at it too :lol: I'll think about sending it back to you, but I've kinda lost interest in it. Thank you for the offer, I may take you up on it.

No problem man. If you are happy, and it looks good, keep it if you want. But the offer is out there, I have no problem sending you a new one. I can even test fit out in my beat up center console first.... I have had it in and out so many times it just doesn't look like it used to.

Archived