LegacyGT.com

Noise when getting on it in the cold

bradlgt21

I only notice this when its really cold out but there is a weird noise coming from the car when in boost. It's not engine related the only thing I can think of is its from the differentials. Or maybe the tires. Originally I noticed at first in 1st gear and thought it was tire slippage, but the other day coming down a on ramp in third a friend noticed it and asked whats that grinding noise. Are the diffs just loud when its cold? or are the tires actually spinning slightly and making noise or the diffs actually working to transfer power to the tires that are getting traction?

probably the rear diff grinding noise others have been talking about with stage2 and above torque levels. Current hypothesis is that its caused by weak stock rubber bushings. some have used winsheild repair kits and PVC to stiffen the stock bushings. Someone else tried an aftermarket bushing, but it wasn't the right size.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Those bushing are part of the problem, but latest hypothesis is that it is a harmonic problem in the drive-train of which those bushings are the biggest offending factor.

I put in Group-N engine mounts and it helped considerably. Noise is still there if I really push on it, but it is vastly reduced.

Once we get a better choice for those bushings weasel has the best option.

Archived