LegacyGT.com

Noise comming from AC vents after turning off car?i

• 5 weeks later...
Sounds like the blower fan motor starting to wear or some debri caught in it. You could check the condition of that motor and the shaft the fan blades spin on located under the glove box/cabin filter. Mine started making noise while running a while back and I wound up replacing it. No more noise.

Those are actually the actuator motors that change where the AC goes to and it's pretty common for them to try and cycle like that when they go bad. Dealer I go to changes them all the time and reason they found out it was that was because it happened to the Master Tech's Leggy. :)

You can actually feel it by placing your hand through the glove compartment opening you get when you pull out the plastic pocket that holds the manual and it's towards the top as there are two.

I believe it was #22 here:

http://static.opposedforces.com/epc_img/366495172002.png

Part numbers:

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_26/climate/heater_system/illustration_2/

I had the same issue last night after I was at a car meet and left my windows open.

I'm hoping that stupid bug that is now stuck in my dashboard dies soon, it's buzzing is obnoxious as hell.

I could suck start a snow blower.

is it just me or.... does using the A/C function mean you want cold air, 77* is not cold air.

Lol I just noticed that. Sorry it was cold that morning and I set it at AC when I made the video.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to revive a dead thread, I went to the link provided by leonardo. and I am confused which item I need to purchase, Item 1, 22

1 Motor-actuator mix, driver

22 Motor-actuator mode

44 Motor-actuator mix

The problem I am having is that the AC only blows to the face and never to the feet or the windshield. Also after getting these part numbers for the item I need for my 05 LGT, where do people recommend I go to actually purchase these items?

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out this problem as well...I have this same noise and it's getting worse to the point that I can even hear it while I'm driving. Once I turn the ignition to off, I can see the white thing with the red arrow pointing at it in my pic sort of get all herky-jerky like it's having a seizure and that is definitely where the noise is coming from. Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting nothing out of the diagrams so I'm hoping someone can tell me if that white thing is the previously mentioned actuator and if so, is that all that needs to be replaced? Also is this a reasonable job to do or is it better left to the pros? Any help is much appreciated.

IMG_1293.thumb.JPG.7aed44fe252a29c9439db7fc39636755.JPG

Haha....crap. Well I guess if it's completely the wrong part I can probably just send it back. I think I'll dig in to this a little more first myself but there's gotta be somebody who knows for sure. I just don't want to have to take it to the dealership and have them charge me an arm and a leg to look at it and then my other arm and leg to fix it.

Archived