LegacyGT.com

Nobel Prize Winner + Subaru Fan Tours SIA Factory

gfxdave99

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070418/NEWS09/70418017

Nobel Prize winner, a Subaru fan, takes SIA tour

By MAX SHOWALTER

mshowalter@journalandcourier.com

Nobel Prize winner John Hall and his wife, Lindy, own four Subaru vehicles and had an opportunity today to visit the plant where some of them were manufactured.

Hall, who won the Nobel Prize for physics in 2005, has been at Purdue University this week as part of the Honeywell-Nobel Initiative, a program that connects college students with Nobel winners.

This morning he toured the Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. assembly area and got an opportunity to take a close look at the production of Subaru vehicles in Lafayette.

"I didn't see any grumpy people or any gum papers on the floor. That shows pride," he said. "It's fun to see their robots doing jobs that are ... too tiring for people to do. It would be fun to work on a line for a while - maybe 10 minutes."

Hall is a scientist emeritus of the National Institute of Standards and Technology and a fellow with the Joint Institute for Laboratory Astrophysics at the University of Colorado.

He and his wife own three Outbacks, which were built at SIA, and a Japanese-made Subaru Forester.

"They're the car of choice in Colorado," Lindy Hall told SIA officials.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

We drive by it all the time on our way up to visit family in Chicago. Everytime we go by I want to stop and check it out, take a pic by it but it always ends up being dark by the time we get there.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

• 2 weeks later...
is there any need for 3 outbacks??? lol geez, for having 4 Subaru's I'd have a legacy, a WRX, a forester, and a Baja just for something to laugh at when I come into the garage:lol: ....

Guy I bought my LGT from had an Outback, a GL wagon, and a Forester. Sold the LGT in order to have some room in the driveway.

• 4 weeks later...
Smart people drive Subarus. DUH.

Funny you should say that. I was watching the Colbert report on comedy central, and he made a joke. He was talking about gay workers in the work place, and he said, Gay people should only work for gay companys, like Pier 1, and Subaru.

I was sad, and my friend laughed all day about that and still brings it up to this day :(

Oscar

Archived