LegacyGT.com

A Nice LGT Moment

I'm sitting at a traffic light Friday afternoon at rush hour. This is one of those lights where the lanes merge into one just past the intersection. Most drivers around here are pretty civilized, and they line up at the light in the lane that they know they'll have to be in past the light. I happen to be the first one in that lane waiting for the light to change, when a red Lexus SC430 passes everyone waiting behind me and pulls alongside. Behind the wheel is a 40-ish blonde who has that look of someone who's used to getting her way. Obviously she's confident of smoking the plain looking sedan next to her (me) when the light changes and then cutting in front.

I'm not one to race or even drive very fast, but this is what LGT owners live for. The light turns green and I even wait for an instant just to see if she's going to floor it. She does, gets the jump on me, and then I launch and blow by her like she's standing still. I look in my rearview as she merges into the lane behind me, and there it is, the slackjawed look that we treasure. That was worth a month's car payment right there.

Edited to make sense - lol

Well i was at the tint shop today picking out the tint i want for my car that is going on it Thurs. Well this guy owns an Sti and has this really awesome custom graphic tint patter in his car (i will have to post pics of it when i get my tint job done) i am going to do some custom graphics in my car to, they really going to be really subduded. (my friend who got his tint done here recommened the guy). Just looking at the detail in his car i can tell this guy is really good.

Soo ... the 05 mustang GT shows up and he says we could both probably smoke them, i said modestly with a really good clutch drop (i realized to myself that that is probably an automatic they way he was driving, and knew i could win) ... I didnt race him, i have never street raced and never will ... and you shouldnt either, it was was a casual discussion on the finer points of owning a subaru.

I love my car ... basically.

AWD_Rules3830 Dont turn this into a race thread...:icon_mad:

Is that what you got out of it? I still need his post interpreted to understand what the hell he was trying to say. Otherwise, you're right.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Edited to make sense - lol .....it was was a casual discussion on the finer points of owning a subaru.

Oh thank you gawd, for editing that thing again! I can finnaly read it and not get headaches and want to vomit.

Now get us some pics of this tint/graffics/stuff that you wrote about.:)

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Oh thank you gawd, for editing that thing again! I can finnaly read it and not get headaches and want to vomit.

Now get us some pics of this tint/graffics/stuff that you wrote about.:)

they are coming ... i think some of you guys might want to be driving to nebraska just so you can get this guy to tint your car lol (thats how much i think you are going to be blown away by what this guy can do)

what was the point of your story?

just kinda interesting ... this guy also has a dealer license with all whole bunch of tuners soo he told me he can get me anything pretty inexpensively .... soo next summer if i get enough money i will get my tires and rims though him. :icon_bigg

I'm sitting at a traffic light Friday afternoon at rush hour. This is one of those lights where the lanes merge into one just past the intersection. Most drivers around here are pretty civilized, and they line up at the light in the lane that they know they'll have to be in past the light. I happen to be the first one in that lane waiting for the light to change, when a red Lexus SC430 passes everyone waiting behind me and pulls alongside. Behind the wheel is a 40-ish blonde who has that look of someone who's used to getting her way. Obviously she's confident of smoking the plain looking sedan next to her (me) when the light changes and then cutting in front.

I'm not one to race or even drive very fast, but this is what LGT owners live for. The light turns green and I even wait for an instant just to see if she's going to floor it. She does, gets the jump on me, and then I launch and blow by her like she's standing still. I look in my rearview as she merges into the lane behind me, and there it is, the slackjawed look that we treasure. That was worth a month's car payment right there.

so? you still let her cut in front of everyone else! that's not justice. you're supposed to stay even with her until she's forced to slam on the brakes or drive off the road. :icon_twis

Archived