LegacyGT.com

New toy, not a Subaru, sorry

lordhowe

Sorry this isn't a Subaru, just another toy I picked up recently.

it's a 1997 Supra Turbo 6 speed, sport top 15th year anniversary edition. Got her a few months back from a good friend with 64k on the clock.

Event: dyno pull/tune

Ambient Temp: 95 F

Elevation: no idea, pretty close to sea level

Weather: high humidity

Tires:Stock tire size

Dyno: Dynojet

Modifications (Power):

Precision T67 AR70 dual ball bearing

800 cc injectors

HKS 272 cams

4" turbo back

(All supporting mods; upgrade IC, upgrade fuel pumps, new fuel lines, regulators, boost controller, etc)

Stock 6 speed with upgraded clutch

Peak HP at RPM: 545 @ 6300

Peak Torque at RPM: 465 @ 5100

Target Boost: 18psi

Fuel: 93 pump

IMAG0065

I'm currently running a MAP ECU2 piggy back which by the way sucks really bad. I will be upgrading to a PRO EFI by the end of the summer in time for my track days. The owner prior to me (a good friend of my) did most of the power upgrades and this tuning session is to make sure everything thing is smooth and I want a very conservative tune until I switch over to the stand alone. The car was making 600 whp on the first pull since the shop temp was in the low 80's instead of the mid 90's.

Here are a few pics: (Since these photos were taken, i have upgraded to DBA rotors, and a few other cosmetic mods. Rims and tires are coming and i will be getting a set of HKS hypermax coilovers).

IMAG0016

IMAG0038 My 09 Spec B is next to it.

IMAG0063

Supra on dyno

With the new PRO EFI stand alone, which will allow me to better tune the car and increase the rev limiter to 7800-8000 (stupid piggy back won't let me do it) i'm hoping to see 700 wheel horse and perhaps 800 ish on race fuel.

thanks man. driving the supra and then switching back to my spec B is like driving my spec B to my wife's Prius. the difference is huge.

i can't wait till get it properly tuned with a stand alone and be up in the 700 whp range.

thanks guys. The supra is a big money pit, everything is so expensive compared to subaru parts. here is an example: the Idle control motor was bad in the car, book price on it is 600, i paid 450 ... :(

Anyone interested on going to mason dixon one of these weekends?

thanks guys. The supra is a big money pit, everything is so expensive compared to subaru parts. here is an example: the Idle control motor was bad in the car, book price on it is 600, i paid 450 ... :(

Anyone interested on going to mason dixon one of these weekends?

If its on a sunday I wouldn't mind going.

I've always wanted to make it out to the drag strip.

Awesome car! One of my absolute favorites of all time.

SAME.

Awesome looking car, man! When I read the thread title I was a little worried but you are certainly allowed to get a new toy Supra whenever you want. ;)

thanks guys :)

I'm not getting rid of my Suby any time soon. Getting ready for a AVO380 setup by this winter. My daily driver (Spec B) is too tame compared to the Yota and I have to step up the game a bit.

If anyone's interested on a sunday Mason Dixon run let me know. i'd be interested to see how fast i can run the quarter in the supra. I'm guessing 15's since it does an awesome job at burning tires in the first 3 gears :)

Hao

Thanks man. I was really debating between a later model z06, 2009 GTR or a Supra and decided to go with a modded supra. I almost pulled the trigger on a GTR but after hearing about the servicing cost from a fellow friend who owes one (and races his) i had to give up that idea. The Supra was actually my last choice, but since the price was simply too good to be true, i decided to go with that instead of a Z06. Will post more pictures and dyno results once i get the stand alone.

I hate you.

:lol:

This.

One of my all time favorite cars.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Congrats! What a beautiful car. I am (pleasantly) amazed that these have become collector's cars and am saddened that they are still so damn expensive (and out of my price range for a fun weekend car) because of their cult status.

You have exqusite taste btw. :wub:

Any of those three fit in the attainable dream car category.

thanks man!

The cheapest car to own out of the bunch would be the GTR. Have you guys checked out how much it cost to do a 10k maintenance on this sucker? my friend who races his pays big bucks to have the brakes work done, if i remember correctly it's like a 5000 dollar brake job since the pads and rotors has to be changed out EVERY single time.

Almost pulled the trigger on a 09 black GTR but realized all i can do with it is let it sit in my garage.

Yeah a GTR would be awesome, seems like Nissan made it a "affordable" supercar but are making the money back on maintenance costs.

I'd still love a GTR though. The R34 has been my dream car for forever.

Archived