LegacyGT.com

New member with a new ride 05 MT LGT

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/17/ta6edehu.jpgPicked it up yesterday. Everything is stock except the clutch is a Greddy stage 1. Runs good but it needs front brakes badly.

Anyone have a suggestion for a mild brake performance upgrade package? Slotted rotors and pads for example.

I will be doing some searches when the wife relaxes on the Christmas stress because the cruise controll cuts out anytime it lets off boost. Strange but not troubling for me.

Future plans are a front lip, wheels and a Catless uppipe. All comments are welcome good bad and indifferent.

Talking with my mechanic he had mentioned how the master cylinder flexes quite a bit when braking hard. I have only done new pads and rotors at this point as $$ is short but ss lines and brace will be added, braking is much better than what it was previously with standard pads and rotors.

Welcome to the forum.

I put Hawk ceramic pads on my DD'er wagon with DBA slotted rotors.

Give Mike at AZPinstalls.com a email. He'll take good care of you. They are in NJ

If your on the west coast Mike or "m sprank" at http://www.infamousperformance.net

Is who you want to buy from. both these guy's help out here a lot, for free. Might as well buy from someone you can trust.

Learn how to check your oil and keep it topped off.

These cars need looking after, but well give you tons of enjoyment when cared for.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The tech at AZPinstalls said my car had the nicest feeling street brakes he had ever felt on a Legacy. Here's what I had:

1. Front: Centric rotors (normal, not slotted or cryo treated or anything fancy). Stoptech street pads.

2. Rear: OEM rotors and really cheap ceramic pads (like $24 pads)

3. Fluid: DOT 3 synthetic fluid. You don't want to use ATE Super Blue in a street car that sees brake bleeding once every 4 years. ATE is a great fluid; but it (and all) DOT 4 fluids absorb water faster and give no gain in brakes on street driven vehicles vs. normal DOT 3 synthetic fluids.

SS brake lines do next to nothing for you. Save the money. Choose a pad with a high friction coefficient when cold and slightly warm. Use blank (non-slotted, non-drilled) rotors. Keep fresh brake fluid in there.

That's it. You'll save alot of money by doing this. The only modification is if you are tracking your car, then get a set of trackable brake pads.

Joe

P.s. Ok, SS brake lines if your stock ones are cracking/worn. Otherwise, NEIN!

Where in CT ?

It's not the rotors warpping, it the crappy pads not sheding the dust.

Get good pads.

My 09 Spec B has Hawk HPS's and they dust up the rims quickly. My wagon has the Hawk ceramics and stay clean for a long time.

You'll want to contact Mike at ww.tuningalliance.com and have him Tune your car to get it off the stock MAP. The OEM set up is not the best for these cars.

BTW, you'll find, "Mike" is a popular name around here.

There's lots of support locally for these cars, you made a good choice.

Oh, contact Jason at jason.simko@iicinsure.com for great insurance rates, tell him I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I am in Danbury, thanx hope I can save some $$ on insurance, my cbr is killing me.

He's CT08Spec.B on here.

He's a good guy.

I went with Centric Premium Rotors and Hawk Hps Pads, braking is significantly better i was also recommended to get a brake mastercylinder brace and swap flluid to super blue.

^^^This:cool: I went with Centric Cryo rotors but really regular premiums are just as good...lol, I just thought it would be cool to say I have cryo rotors:lol: I went with Stop Tech street pads since they were a bit less and good, but the hawk hps are good too. I did put the master cylinder brace from grimspeed on my car, flushed the fluid with new ATE super blue, and put on SS lines.

For an extra $200, the SS lines and brace are absolutely worth it. The car stops much better in the sense that there is no sponginess in the brake pedal, and the bite is much better. You press the brake a bit now and it starts grabbing and slowing down right away, but not in a manner that's overkill. Before it was spongier and you had to press the brakes a bit more.

So on further inspection I found my passenger front caliper was frozen and dragging on the rotor. So I unfortunately had no ability to order any parts for her. 2 new rotors and ceramic pads along with a caliper went on yesterday afternoon. I am still getting a slight wobble out of the front end, I have a suspicious feeling that all the heat from the stuck caliper has ruined that wheelbearing. Trying not to get frustrated with it and just keep reminding myself " you own a turbo awd " it usually calms me down lol

Archived