LegacyGT.com

New K&N Intake Loud!!

Gravedigger

I have had a Jeep CJ5 with a 360 V8 and side pipes a corvette with flowmasters but this new K&N intake is loud! Does anybody else have the Typhoon K&N intake on their car. All the sudden you can actually hear the blow off and a lot of turbo woooosh sounds. I mean I like the way it sounds I just hope I installed the thing correctly.

I have had a Jeep CJ5 with a 360 V8 and side pipes a corvette with flowmasters but this new K&N intake is loud! Does anybody else have the Typhoon K&N intake on their car. All the sudden you can actually hear the blow off and a lot of turbo woooosh sounds. I mean I like the way it sounds I just hope I installed the thing correctly.

Intakes are loud, there isn't much you can do about it. Install is pretty straight forward. Yank it off if it's annoying or live with the fact it sounds like you have a train under the hood. :D

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Got one too. Had the same reaction at first - DAMN this thing is TOO loud!

But after a while, you get used to it and it really does make an impressive sound.

I always seem to notice it most in the early morning on cold starts. It just seems to ROAR when any amount of acceleration is called up. Funny thing is, after a mile or two I rarely notice it again. Maybe its because my ear's grow deaf!

yeah, you can kind of tune it out on the highway. when it sounds the loudest is when your inlaws are sitting in the backseat, wife in the front, no radio, and driving up a hill. then it can be a little embarassing.

:icon_neut

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Got one too. Had the same reaction at first - DAMN this thing is TOO loud!

But after a while, you get used to it and it really does make an impressive sound.

I always seem to notice it most in the early morning on cold starts. It just seems to ROAR when any amount of acceleration is called up. Funny thing is, after a mile or two I rarely notice it again. Maybe its because my ear's grow deaf!

Nooo.. I just think its muted by now because of the two cannons on the back of your car :icon_tong

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

heres something to try out...

i also have the K&N Typhoon.. awesome sound... but only form the inside... my buddies cannot hear the "swooosh" sound from the outside... is it just because of my exhaust??..

does your car have an exhaust??... if not.. maybe you could tell me if its loud from the outside...:)

Archived