LegacyGT.com

New EVO!!!

So last night me and my future wifey were strollin through a Bob Rohrman Mitsubishi dealership looking at a new endeavor she likes them and it was after eight and usually the dealers are gone. Well we got out and here come a dealer. I told him we were just looking and he starts going on about the difference between the endavor and Highlander blah blah blah. Anyway I asked when they were going to get the new EVO in he told me that they were having problems at the factory or whatever and they wouldn't be in till FEB.

So he starts telling my fiance about what the EVO was cause she had no idea. He starts saying basically it's one of those cars over there, which she couldn't see from that far away. It comes with a turbo and it's real suped up, of course that kinda stuff she doesn't care about or know about. Then he looks over at my pretty little LGT and says " I don;t know whats in that but the EVo will blow the doors off of that. I kinda grinned because I could tell this dude had no ******* clue what my car was. Yes the EVO might be faster Iv'e read were it runs only like a high 13 in the 1/4 mile.

Still it might be faster than my basically stock Subie but for all he knew I could have had a shit load of mods done. I basically turned away got in my car and drove away so he could a least hear the Perrin exhaust and the sexy sound of a boxer motor. Granted iwould like an EVo but for 36000 i thats pretty steep especially since you can get an STi for 33000-34000 right? He did say that the STI was faster so at least he knew something

Sorry to bore you with my semi worthless thread but I jusrt thought I would tell a story today!!!

Bore us??? Hell no! We love hearing stories of idiot car salesman who think they know what they're talking about. Granted, out of the box the EVO is quicker than our LGT but we definately have more potential for big time power over the EVO. And the fact that our cars look like subtle grocery getters enhances our lethality.

In the words of my best friend from back home whenever someone tried talking up their ride to him, "Sounds fast.... wanna race?"

He drove a 472whp Stage 3 SVT Lightning that tracked an 11.74 on 100 octane. Not bad for a daily driven, 5400 pound pickup truck.

My gut feeling - these cars will be stuck on Mitsu's lot for a whille. Not like the R32 is really comparable, but those aren't moving at all - VW is giving them away in lease deals in the north east. Tack on a declining economy and credit market + a lot more competition from Infiniti (G35/G37 is pretty strong), BMW (135) and Mercedes (C class) that have badges/dealerships/interiors more appropriate in this price range and I think Mitsubishi is not going to be able to command the premiums they did when the XIII came out.

Even Subaru might have trouble with the STI, but at least their brand isn't as damaged as Mitsubishi's and the STI has the whole hatch/utility thing going for it which differentiates it somewhat.

The evo IS faster than a stock LGT. 99% of people don't mod their cars, so for the salesmen to assume your car was stock is quite reasonable. Everyone seems to love bashing sales people for some reason.

Regarding mod'ing, the older Evo's had a closed deck iron block, which allows a ton of boost (like 30psi) fwih, (if you have the money for all that requires).

I vote that from now on if people talk about their GFs or wives, they have to post pics. :lol:

I was originally waiting for the EVO but $34,000 for the low end and $39,000 for the one with the dual clutch tranny? Plz.... with that kind of money I'll just get a BMW.:rolleyes:

Wow what a response I had no idea this many people would reply. And just because i have been laughing the whole time reading these replies I will post you guys some pics!!! I also want to add that the Salesmans breath smelled like dog doo doo and this was outside 4 ft away in 20 degree weather!!! Now I am done bashing on the poor soul. I just love my subie i just got back from getting my oil change and I was shootin the shit with the shop managers about modding and warranty stuff. I went to school with them so they also hooked it up on a free oil change and a good deal on all weather floormats.

Archived