LegacyGT.com

new car...thoughts

give him $500 to get it off his lot. No one will drive that with the headgaskets, miles, and damage like that. just check out any body rust/rot, it looks like the driver's rear door has some rust on it. Check the interior, start it up...the basics. What would you do with it if you bought it?

i would swap my motor from my car over to it. my motor in my red subie has low miles. it was new when put in so i think it must hae around 50 to 70k on it. i would also take off my fender and have it painted and put on to the silver car. i would also have sex with the 5 speedness. plus iv never driven stick. i am going there tomorrow with my bro and he will drive to determine if the trans is fine.

Why?

I wouldn't give him a dime for it.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

have you seen my car that i have now....

how is that not worth at least 500 bucks. im heading down with 900 cash and hoping to get it for 550 or 600. my brothers good at knocking the prices around. have has bought and sold many cars. he is doing the talking. and now that i look at it. thats like 1500 shop dollars to get it all fixed.

It's 13 years old, wrecked, has 166k on the clock, and needs headgaskets.

In FAIR condition (which this is DEFINITELY POOR), KBB puts it at just under $1000. Needing headgaskets and body work, that makes it worthless. Headgaskets and the body work would easily exceed $1000 just to get it to "fair" status.

Not worth anything in my book. I'd offer him $250.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

my kbb put it at 2200. wtf.

you have to remember i got my car with a fairly new engine for 500 bucks. this car needs an engine. and has fresh tires.

i know 900 is steep. and it pisses me off he has it listed as driveable. some one could buy it and then blow the motor and there goes another perfectly good motor.

as i said my brother will talk it down. every small problem we find will jack the price down.

Amp I love you and your posts but this thread title is totally f---ing misleading :lol:

This is not a new car. This is anything but a new car. If you need this car for parts and they will deliver it, offer $40 more than the wreckyard will offer them - otherwise - NO effing way.

If you want a MT go get a nice, rebuilt MT to toss in your car for $500 instead of a junker car. Not a rule but almost always 1000 x easier to swap a tranny than an engine.

KBB is location dependent. I live in MD.

I can't even believe someone would consider spending 900, or even 550 on this thing.

I'd follow LALGT's advice. Offer a few bucks more than the junkyard will give them for it.

Yeah I have to agree with BAC5.2 & LAGT.... I would seriously wait for something better to come around. I wouldn't pay $500 for that! I'm paying $500 for a Legacy L wagon without an engine tomorrow and let me tell you it is in much better condition than the one you posted. Just be patient and something good will come around... I had to wait over a year to find this one that is actually in pretty good condition. If I were to get the car you posted on here then I would only pay like $200 because that thing needs a ridiculous amount of work.

i guess i got ripped off when i bought my car for 500 then.

how is that alot of work. you guys never saw my car did you? its got more rust then every car combined on here. its the knock off gt. the axles where bad. the motor was new. the rear brakes where leaking. a bunch of little stuff.

if buy it if: the tranny is in really good shape, the rust in the pic is all i gotta fix. the motor is completly stock, there is almost no vibrations on the highway. the chassis is still in tolorence of the datum deminions. and.. the thing you all want me to say.. he lets it go for cheap.

Amp I love you and your posts but this thread title is totally f---ing misleading :lol:

This is not a new car. This is anything but a new car. If you need this car for parts and they will deliver it, offer $40 more than the wreckyard will offer them - otherwise - NO effing way.

If you want a MT go get a nice, rebuilt MT to toss in your car for $500 instead of a junker car. Not a rule but almost always 1000 x easier to swap a tranny than an engine.

you dont understand. i need a car to put a mt in. my car is beyond save able. it only is good casue the motor is fresh and its a subaru.

iv got an idea. what iv you guys start calling and texting him and loball him. so when i offer like 400 for it he will take it like its a gift from the lord himself. haha.

he has no records of service. he is not even the owner of the car. he is selling for a friend. he works at creative auto so it sounds like a shop. sounds like he may sell alot of cars.

when i started asking for records and stuff and talking low prices he said i may wanna cheap my ass at home though...

Bail. "I'm selling it for a friend" probably means "this car is stolen. Expect the cops or a repo man at your door soon."

Or, it's not stolen and he just doesn't own it.

a cars a car no matter who its from. you guys talked me out enough. i know what i doing now. ill just go check it out for fun.

he will take my money. do drugs and die.

i will take his car. and live life to the fullest. i win

yea yea. this is fishy though. he just lied about it being sold. pisses me off when people are not straight with me. some of you should just quick text him and offer like 250, 300, 325, so he stops thinking the car is worth so ******* much. kaz: you can make up some story about how you have dealt with subarus all you life and what not. get creative. if anyone else text him just offer a low amount but dont copy kaz's story. haha i do this all the time with my friends so we can get things for cheap.

yea yea. this is fishy though. he just lied about it being sold. pisses me off when people are not straight with me. some of you should just quick text him and offer like 250, 300, 325, so he stops thinking the car is worth so ******* much. kaz: you can make up some story about how you have dealt with subarus all you life and what not. get creative. if anyone else text him just offer a low amount but dont copy kaz's story. haha i do this all the time with my friends so we can get things for cheap.

i just texted him and said hes selling your dream car and your willing to pay 2,000$

good luck my friend, you'll thank me in the long run <3

Archived