68 members have voted

1. 1. Which car should I buy???

• Acura TL SH-AWD White with Umber
    • Audi S6
    • BMW 550i xDrive
    • Cadillac CTS 3.6L AWD
    • Infiniti M56i AWD
    • Mercedes Benz 550 4matic

Well, since I sold my ride, I can now save up for my dream car.

Requirements:

AWD

4-door

If 4-door, it must have room enough for 2 adults in the back

A/T w/ Paddle shifter on Steering Wheel NOT Column

NA, turbocharged, supercharged, it doesn't matter

Maintenance, reliability and durability must be in consideration...

These are what I have in mind so far:

Acura TL SH-AWD

Audi S6

BMW 550i xDrive

Cadillac CTS Perf. AWD

Infiniti M56x AWD Sedan

Mercedes E550 4matic

CRAZY KEN

P.S. Please include good and bad point on what you choose and/or what I should stay away from...thanks!!!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...whazzup big guy. Haven't heard or seen you for years!

Yeah, I kept up with a G8 modded a few months ago. CRAZY FAST...he always gets away from me in the start...damn larger turbo GT30 - laggy!!! But either he couldn't drive or the car can't handle, because I would always catch up in the twisties! His reaction was priceless when I told him I just have 4 cylinders!!!

Ken

Thanks for the input...

...you are a bear...at least as strong as one...i remember seeing you compress a spring from a strut with your bare hands.

Now who's CRAZY!

G8 specs i don't know, but i heard his exhaust and intake! It wasn't your average g8 for sure.

...I am in love!!!

I found my dream SUPER car!!!

Although I think a GT Style - Low profile wing would make this look sick!

CRAZY KEN

P.S. - RuskiBear Monster Miata is Nice, but not as a daily driver for me!

R35_Bonnet_a1000.jpg.6749c876f6f107092fb7d5e44d0354e9.jpg

R35_Bonnet_b0714_1000.thumb.jpg.7fe185c94682b29e3b89020bc6eff93b.jpg

R35_Door_a1000.thumb.jpg.b44b9b13f4c50b029dd87859f47a9cf7.jpg

R35_EngineCover_b1000.jpg.55c412f995cfcc4103e131ed4b6f1123.jpg

R35_FrBumper_001_1000.thumb.jpg.ca5c585426fae226ac0e1f2bf3181eae.jpg

R35_IMG_d765.jpg.6a85e80bddb93cf9c1880a93c17b6f25.jpg

R35_RrUuder_a176_1000.thumb.jpg.713b142888c58f4736a36574094a6cdb.jpg

R35_SideStep_b041_1000.thumb.jpg.ea0f76c48f47c00a7c94cd0219ae12ad.jpg

R35_Trunk_T2_b916_1000.thumb.jpg.f550e53760fbfaeb38beb6ec62e26a4a.jpg

Hahahaha!! If Maintenance is your concern, knock out the BM Trouble You, Merc, and Audi (especially the Audi). Might as well knock out the Cadillac as well. Dunno about the Infiniti or Acura.

Why not another Subaru?? Like a Forester??

Infinity...really, no way are they reliable. Gen II CTS is a great bet for lasting a long time, GM set out to do it better than anyone. Looks like you are looking to spend around $40k or so. I'd almost say a Mustang GT optioned out. A comparison test over at Motor Trend (I think) had it pared up with the M3 (both new) damn near neck and neck. But I think you are sticking with 4 doors only options and want AWD of some sort.

Caddy or Mercedes. The MB will have the best resale, but does have the "pretentious person" label that comes along with owning one.

Honda/Acura is the last choice if you want any fun while you drive. If you are stuck in traffic though, they aren't bad. I personally can't stand the styling....but that is totally subjective.

BMW use to be a great car, but they've bloated and while still good, just don't seem to be that great anymore. Mechanics don't like them, many 3 series drivers I've met aren't satisfied with the car (I know your look at a 5 series). I think they are focusing too much on SUVs and GT (crossovers with a slanted rear) too much and the cars have been neglected by the engineering departments.

Audi is just tooooo much of a trend. They use to be POS cars, and I suspect they still are. I see almost none that are older than 5 years. Of course if you only want to own one for like 3 years, then it might be suited. The trend part may or may not be what you want. If you like to follow trends, then it's perfect. I have heard very little complaint about the fun factor from drivers...although I know few Audi drivers. Not into the "housewives/jersey shore/idol" crowd.

Ken, let's go to a Subie dealership and check out the new Forester. I think you are going to love it. It is roomy, plenty of mods for it (literally), and you can resell those just as fast as you would for a WRX. Best part is they keep their value very well.

I will do a write up later today about the choices you mentioned above. I did some research for you and am using some personal experiences as well. But I will adamantly say, and based on personal experience, do NOT get a BM Trouble You. There is a reason why it is called that.

Plus think of it this way, a Forester has all that you are looking for. And if you get a Black or Silver or White colored one, you will also look professional and personable when you go visit clients. Best part is, you can mod it like mad and still keep the sleeper look and the car would perform AMAZINGLY in snowy or icy conditions.

But I will write something up for everyone to comment on. You're lucky I am doing this much for a fellow Heights Alumni. :lol:

S6 or 550i.

My Father-in-law just picked up a 750i x-drive. It's a pretty nice ride, and plenty quick for such a monster of a car.

The S6 is a fantastic looking and driving car.

I'd have a very serious look at the CTS-V, but the conventional automatic makes it a porky pig.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

...I really appreciate it!

BMW - Yeah, my sister owns a X5 and she told me this is the last BMW she will ever own. But the 550i xDrive specs are nice!

Audi - I can't say much until I drive one!

MB - Nice, powerful car...has everything I want except $$$ for price and maintenance.

Cadillac - Yes, CTS-V is nice, but only on a straight liine and on dry pavement. Besides, how many asians drive a caddy?

Infiniti - Drove one, tight not spacious, handling-engine-brakes are awesome...BUT why the hell did they put the paddle shifters on the steering column...AND...when I sit comfortably in the front, there is no way in hell another 2 more adults can sit in the back...so that is why I opt;d for the M54. BUT, then again we are talking $$$...

Acura - BY FAR HAS THE BEST TECH PKG. - It's unbelievable! It's roomy, sweet interior, exterior can be tweaked to look better! Power is what it lacks most....not significant mods available so far...handling and brakes are ok!

I don;t know...do I really want to go back to a subaru...if only the Legacy came in AT and with STi trim...oh well!!!

I got time...saving up everyday...

P.S. I hate my company car that I recently inherited...Toyota Camry...torque steer like a mofo...and every single time it rains I spin my tires like there is no tomorrow! Love my good old '95 Landcruiser...it's still running strong, but it's a heavy @$$B!@tCH!!! What to do...what to do...

CRAZY KEN

Cadillac - Yes, CTS-V is nice, but only on a straight liine and on dry pavement. Besides, how many asians drive a caddy?

only in a straight line?!? Thats why this is the fastest sedan EVER on the nurburgring!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8ZiO6ebn0]YouTube - 09 CTS-V Nurburgring Record Run 7:59.32 - Garage419[/ame]

Are you buying new? There is a $1000 incentive and I could pass you an additional $1000 from my GM card for a small price :) I'll I have to do is add you to my card.

only in a straight line?!? Thats why this is the fastest sedan EVER on the nurburgring!

Are you buying new? There is a $1000 incentive and I could pass you an additional $1000 from my GM card for a small price :) I'll I have to do is add you to my card.

Fastest SEDAN Ever??

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Hrmm... I guess this Sedan is too slow at 7:55...

Get an S4. It's big enough and handles awesome. you can probably find a used prior gen with a V8 hanging around, I bet those sound pretty mean with no mufflers...

i almost forgot, this car has awd, too. the back seat is a little small, but who cares...

http://files.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/normal.jpg?pool=multimedia&type=galleryimage&id=997-2nd-tus-gallery-exterior-01&lang=none&filetype=normal&version=1

Anyone who says a >$60k performance car is going to be reliable... is (politely) an idiot. Cars with monster performance come with mechanical and electrical annoyances that get very expensive very quickly (unless you keep it only through warranty in which case you will get killed on resale instead. Unless you're of the mind that Consumer Reports is WRONG, which would be convenient if
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived