LegacyGT.com

New Car Comments/Gripes/Questions after 1 week.

First of all I love my new LGT. I don't have a digital camera, so sorry about the lack of pics. I have a White LGT Base sedan 5sp man with no options. 1.Why is my interior black/grey and I have a tan headliner? :o 2. I searched on the topic of Intercooler sprayers and found very little on the site. Can anyone explain to me, why an intercooler sprayer will not benefit the LGT. I know that the LGT intercooler is more efficient/smaller than the STI, but my car will see many WOT runs on autocrosses and hopefully road courses in its lifetime and a WOT intercooler sprayer sounds good to me. 3. Does anyone have a wiring schematic they could post of the window controls? I want to rewire my windows so the window lock doesn’t lock the drivers control of the windows or the passenger’s control of their window. I just want the back windows to lock out. Any other parents of small kids notice the problems with this set up yet? 4. I wish I had a telescoping steering wheel. 5. I am going to try to use the Schroth 4-point harness setup for the STI that clips in and out of the factory Subaru seat belt recepticals. It can be viewed at [url]http://www.soloracer.com/wrxstirallye4.html[/url] 5. Other than the above gripes, I am very happy with this car!

Ok man count backwards from 10... Take a deep breath and slowly exhale.... there feel better... lol.. just enjoy the car.. you think the tan head liner is going to effect your autox abilities? I have the white gt limited w/ tan leather interior.. they prob. just used one color universal to save $$.... either that or there was a color blind guy running the roof lining assembly that day.. there might even be a couple more out there that he messed up on. P.S didnt you notice that when you bought it?

[quote name='REX2LGT']Ok man count backwards from 10... Take a deep breath and slowly exhale.... there feel better... lol.. just enjoy the car.. you think the tan head liner is going to effect your autox abilities? I have the white gt limited w/ tan leather interior.. they prob. just used one color universal to save $$.... either that or there was a color blind guy running the roof lining assembly that day.. there might even be a couple more out there that he messed up on. P.S didnt you notice that when you bought it?[/quote] I ordered my car after test driving a Outback with the same engine and trans. They didnt have any 05 Legacys yet, so I ordered it sight unseen.

[quote name='NewScooby']First of all I love my new LGT. I don't have a digital camera, so sorry about the lack of pics. I have a White LGT Base sedan 5sp man with no options. ..[/quote] :o we have the same car...except i have the sub/security/wh.locks/auto dimmer :D p.s. the tan headliner looks off inside, but how many ppl you know are gonna care about it? :lol:

One annoying thing about the car is the location of the Transmission and Engine oil dipsticks. Especially the Transmission, it is right on the Trans and because the oil has to be at operating temperature for a good read, you have to wiggle your hand in a very HOT space.
I keed I keeed

[quote name='melayout']One annoying thing about the car is the location of the Transmission and Engine oil dipsticks. Especially the Transmission, it is right on the Trans and because the oil has to be at operating temperature for a good read, you have to wiggle your hand in a very HOT space.[/QUOTE] They're called gloves my good man. :)

When driving into the setting sun, the vertical crease at the left side of the hood, where the hood rises up to meet the fender, can cause a lot of glare/reflection on a brand new/just washed car, at least on the Regal Blue model! So much that I needed to keep my sunglasses on longer than I normally would have (the sun had to get down behind the trees before the glare went away). Now that should win me the most absurd complaint award!

I do have one more complaint about my car. It has an appointment to be repainted:( Someone felt the need to Key it yesterday on the drivers side rear quarter. It is getting painted the week of Nov. 1st. They are going to paint the drivers side quarter panel and put new clear on the roof, both rear quarters and the front and rear A window posts. The bodyshop has a lifetime satisfaction warranty with their work so the car will most likely look better than new, but I'm still pissed about it.

[quote name='NewScooby']I do have one more complaint about my car. It has an appointment to be repainted:( Someone felt the need to Key it yesterday on the drivers side rear quarter. It is getting painted the week of Nov. 1st. They are going to paint the drivers side quarter panel and put new clear on the roof, both rear quarters and the front and rear A window posts. The bodyshop has a lifetime satisfaction warranty with their work so the car will most likely look better than new, but I'm still pissed about it.[/QUOTE] Dang I'd probably just get the entire car repainted with a thick coat and a unique color if that happened to me. :redface: Ok well maybe it'd depend on a number of things..

New Scooby, Really sorry to hear about your new rig getting keyed. Probably some irate Ricer who knows your [email="kick-@$$"]kick-@$$[/email] car can whip his Civic even with the $5 g's the twerp sank in mods to get 200 hp. And if you take Franz advise....go for a color like burnt orange (U. of Texas alum).

[quote name='NewScooby']I do have one more complaint about my car. It has an appointment to be repainted:( Someone felt the need to Key it yesterday on the drivers side rear quarter. It is getting painted the week of Nov. 1st. They are going to paint the drivers side quarter panel and put new clear on the roof, both rear quarters and the front and rear A window posts. The bodyshop has a lifetime satisfaction warranty with their work so the car will most likely look better than new, but I'm still pissed about it.[/QUOTE] Already!!?!1 Man, that sucks! I'd be pissed as well... Hope everything goes ok for you.

• 2 weeks later...
i have had my car for a week now, and must mention two things that i am unhappy about... the dealer ordered (and i paid) for mudflaps, 3 days before delivery they called me and told me that they didnt have them. this annoyed me needless to say. but they did give me back my 141 dollars (CDN) and the centre console; the door that covers the storage compartment wont lock down, it just sits there all flimsy-like.. im gonna get that fixed when it goes for its first oil change at 2500 kms. just thought id mention my problems to you all, see if anyone has had the same problem with the console...

My biggest complaint is the sloppy and imprecise shifting. It's not bad for casual driving but ocasionally I will have problem finding a gear. I wonder just how much better the short throw shifter would be? I had a WRX with the short throw shifter and it was nice but a little notchy. Can anybody comment on the short throw shifter? Still love this baby!

[quote name='Bob N']My biggest complaint is the sloppy and imprecise shifting. It's not bad for casual driving but ocasionally I will have problem finding a gear. I wonder just how much better the short throw shifter would be? I had a WRX with the short throw shifter and it was nice but a little notchy. Can anybody comment on the short throw shifter? Still love this baby![/QUOTE] People here seem to like the STi/Kartboy short shifters however a notchier feel is gained from either/or. Kartboy shifter bushings may be the ticket for you for better feel without the notchiness.

[font=Helv][size=2]My wife got stopped by the police last night on her way home. So the cop comes up to the car and my wife says, "Officer, was I speeding; I'm sorry it's this new car; It's got this turbo thing in it and I'm still learning how to control it". So the cop says, "Save it lady, you weren't speeding, it's dark and you need to put your lights on". Which brings me to my gripe, needs auto sensing headlights. [/size][/font]

Archived