LegacyGT.com

Neutral switch

Does anyone know if the neutral switch is covered under the powertrain warranty? I am pretty sure the neutral switch is bad. The cruise control shuts off unless I lightly hold the shifter in gear. I am out of the general warranty and only covered under the 50K pwr train.

Can someone tell me how and where to find the safety switch? I can't find it in the repair manual.

Thanks

PS someone just told me it wasn't covered

I believe that it is. But not sure because the neutral switch I had on the Baja T went out after the 36k but was covered under the 100k gold.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

• 2 weeks later...

My guess it not the re-flash or the switch, it's both...

I think the re-flash is telling the computer to read the flickering switch at a higher threshold or slower rate. My guess the switch is a POS and is spaced wrong. When it is new, it works fine but just barely. When it is a little worn, it flickers a bit. I used to have to lightly hold the shifter in gear. I shaved down the washer about .010" and haven't had a problem since.

My $.02

BTW the neutral switch is the rear switch. There are two switches on the left side of the tranny. The front is the reverse switch and the rear switch is the neutral switch.

Archived