LegacyGT.com

Negotiated a 06 LGT down to 24k even, should I jump?

I've been dying to get another car and have fallen in love with the Legacy's. The car suits me so well. The other day I found a brand new, 2006 Legacy GT Limited 5 spd w/ dimming mirror and arm rest. Today I negotiated the price down to $24k even. I let them know I would have to think about it and do more research. The price seems fair, compared to what I've found at KBB, NADA, etc.

I really wanted to know what the experts thought of the deal and if I should make a move on it?

I was getting quotes for 24K on remaining 05's when the 06's had justt hit the lots. I agree, with an 06 being two models back, they should be able to do a little better. But, 24K is still a pretty good price on a brand new LGT.
ignore him, he'll go away.

An 06 isn't brand new any more. It's got two years of lot rot on it. Tires will have to be replaced very soon. Exposure to the elements takes a toll on paint. Exposure to O2 erodes all the rubber bits. How many times has the oil been changed? Coolant?

There is a reason why used cars are cheaper than truly brand new ones.

The OP can do better than $24k, IMHO.

If this is fair by KBB & NADA, it's fair. Prices vary somewhat by area, and people on this forum another region may or may not know the pricing in your area (I don't, and won't pretend to), so if I were you I'd trust the blue books more than opinions here.

If you can find a better deal, take that one.

If not, take this one.

If this is fair by KBB & NADA, it's fair. Prices vary somewhat by area, and people on this forum another region may or may not know the pricing in your area (I don't, and won't pretend to), so if I were you I'd trust the blue books more than opinions here.

If you can find a better deal, take that one.

If not, take this one.

What he/\ said:),,, area has alot to do with price.

Does it matter? So what if you could take off another $500 or so. Is that enough to make you not buy the car that you want?

So what if it needs some minor maintenance? Ditch the battery and install an Optima. It'll need tires sooner -- all the more reason to be off the stock RE92's that much quicker. Give it an oil change. Then you'll have the car that you want at nearly 1/3 off sticker. That's not a bad deal in my book.

In this area it's pretty hard to find the exact Subaru that you want. Now that you've done so, why not get it?

What John M said. When I bought my car, they offered a fair price, and I knew that if I'd said "let me think on that" and it was gone the next day, I'd have regretted it.

Sounds like they've offered you a fair price too. So, if someone bought the car out from under you, would you regret letting this car, at this price, slip though your fingers?

Well I went ahead and got her. I think this turned out to be a really good deal, because they ended up buy my APR down to 1.9% because of a salesman's commitment. When I spoke with other dealers, they said that the special financing rates would not apply to the 06's.

I appreciate everyones help. You can really tell the people that don't BS and I thank you.

Here she is. Can't wait to start modding her!!

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/15924/2001606911251058008_rs.jpg

Well here she is.... I ended up getting her for $24k with tax, title, etc.. and 1.9% financing (that took some bickering). But I couldn't be happier. It is definately a change from my GMC Sierra. I have so much garage space now, it is amazing. Can't wait to start modding.

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/15924/2001606911251058008_rs.jpg

Archived