LegacyGT.com

I need to put a license plate on the front of my car

2005 Black LGT Wagon. I got a ticket today for no front license plate. 21 days to fix or a $114 fine.

I have no second plate (which I'll get from DMV), no holes in the front bumper, no nothing.

I'll ask the dealer tomorrow what they suggest. What do you suggest? I'd like it to look as good as possible. I'm willing to pay someone to do it (I'm a trainwreck with tools in my hands).

If you decide to drill holes Subaru has a very nice mount. Looks better than the plastic moulded ones or mounting the plate straight to the bumper. I would rather have an offset one, but since my bumper already had holes drilled it works well for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I also had to install a front licence plate. If you look very carefully on your front bumper, you should find the exact spots where you are supposed to drill your holes. Subaru should have put two 'little circles' (painted over) where the screws are supposed to go. At least, mine was like that.

Years ago I got a ticket for no front plate. I went home, stuck the front plate on with double sided tape, took a pic and took it right back off. Took the pic and ticket with me to court and they dropped it. I've never had a problem since (knock on wood). I hate front plates.

Years ago I got a ticket for no front plate. I went home, stuck the front plate on with double sided tape, took a pic and took it right back off. Took the pic and ticket with me to court and they dropped it. I've never had a problem since (knock on wood). I hate front plates.

Lucky for you, you don't live in Cali. No front plate = revenue generation here. It's just a fact.

I centered, molded & screwed the license plate to the bumper.

Side view;

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/Subaru/0619000632.jpg

Front view;

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/Untitled.jpg

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

That's ridiculous that you got out while parked. Only time I got a ticket for it was when I could've gotten a much more expensive speeding ticket. But the cop let me off easy. And that was a NY state trooper who are normally huge jerks. I just put it in my windshield and haven't had any trouble since.

Archived