LegacyGT.com

Need Help, Strange Sound come out from my Legacy

Dear every Subaru owner

I have 2 questions which is about my 2005 Legacy GT AT. I hope someone if they know what happening, can give me advice what is going on of my car.

Every time,when I start the engine, and I pushing the gas, and my car start moving, I always hear one "Clak" sound come out somewhere before dashboard, I believe that is from around the engine, just it come in front of me. Just one sound when I start my car moving for a second, then, I don't hear any of it again, not even stop, and move again. Until I park my car, stop the engine, and next time start my car engine, start moving for a second, the one"Clak" sound come out again. This Strange one "Clak" is happening for few months. (around half year). But the car is running normal, no other strange shaking, and any abnormal thing. Do anyone know why, do my car have any component is in time to replace and checkup, my car is almost 30k mile. ( some of my observation, I found out, when I fully warm up my car before start moving, I don't quite hear the "Clak" sound, but when I didn't warm up, start engine, and car moving immediately, I hear it )

Final Question, another sound, come out, it is almost everytime, when I apply the brake to stop the car, when the car almost stop completely, I hear one "Click" sound come around my AT tramission area. No other abnormal shaking, and thing happening, no abnormal motion, and shake on Tramission. Do anyone know why the "Click" sound come out.

Thanks anyone to help.

Best Regards

I think the sound you're describing is the "dogbone" support for the engine. It connects the back of the engine to the firewall. I've been wanting to get rid of the same noise since I got my car. Eventually I'll get around to finding a solution.

The noise is louder for you when the engine is cold because it's idling at a higher rpm, thus a stronger "thunk" as the engine rotates slightly under load.

Archived