LegacyGT.com

Need help with selecting windshield wipers for my Legacy

Bosch Icon wiper's are just like Valeo's, but about half the price. And available at most AutoZone's! I have Trico Innovision Beam blades, similar but not as nice as Icon's, and I like them as well.

I used standard Trico blades, which aren't the greatest. However, they are easily found locally, better than the OEM blades, not too expensive, and should be good for 6 mos. or so.

Edit: I just read edmundu's post, edmundu, are the 'Trico Innovision Beam' (geez, gotta love marketers...) blades any better than the standard ones?

I used standard Trico blades, which aren't the greatest. However, they are easily found locally, better than the OEM blades, not too expensive, and should be good for 6 mos. or so.

Edit: I just read edmundu's post, edmundu, are the 'Trico Innovision Beam' (geez, gotta love marketers...) blades any better than the standard ones?

Well, they do not have a traditional frame, instead they have a SS backbone, similar to Valeo's & Icon's just smaller framed? I think they work very well, and for the same money I would pick them over the std. ones.

How are the Bosch Micro Edge Excel?

Autozone has buy 2 of them and get a Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner for free.

They are better than oem. But for the same $$ you can pickup the Icon's. Although I have only seen them at Autozone stores...

How much for the BOSCH I'm in the market too.

The Bosch Micro's or Icon's run about $19 for the driver side and $15 for the pass. side.

I also use Aquapel windshield treatment, so I rarely turn my wiper's on. I haven't changed mine since I bought the car in July '04! I do however, use the Anco winter blades during the 3mths of winter we have here in NJ.

I have piaa silicon wipers

just buy the refills not the whole wiper

they have been on for 10,000+ miles and are still working.

That sounds great. I am assuming that means the PIAA wiper refills will fit the OEM blades? I didn't look that carefully, but I am not sure if the aerodynamic wing on the driver's wiper will fit non-OEM blades.

BTW, my 2005 Legacy GT came brand new with "worn" and "torn" blades. I replaced them with OEM inserts. They weren't that expensive from the dealers on the net.

Archived