LegacyGT.com

I need help from people in San Diego.. Scammer

MSPRO

Hi, I was told by one of my friends who is also a member here that I might be able to get a few of you guys to help me out. It is kind of a long story, but I will but CN at the bottom.

This is the information submited to the IC3 internet crimes website.

I bought and paid for a set of 18" OEM G35 Coupe wheels from an individual off of the G35Driver.com forum on October 23, 2008. I paid via Paypal in the amount of $475 and the money was received that same night. I was told by the seller that he would ship as soon as the money cleared to his bank and it would take 3-4 days.

I contacted him to see if the money had gone though and at that time he informed me that shipping would be more then he thought and he would continue to look for less expensive options. This was on Thursday October 30th; he said he would get the other estimates on Saturday November 1st.

Time went by and he said that shipping was too much and he was going to try to sell the wheels to someone else since he had spent part of my money and could not refund the full amount. I offered to split the shipping cost with him; he said he could not afford the extra amount, so I offered to pay the full extra amount of $80. The only stipulation was that he had to provide tracking information for the wheels before I would send him any more money. He said that he would send them on Wed November 5th and give me the tracking info so I could pay him. I asked him multiple times for an address or phone number so that I had some sort of protection if I did not get my items, he refused.

I did not hear from him again until the 5th, when he send me a message on Yahoo stating that I would not have to pay him any extra shipping because he shipped without tracking information. He stated that it was cheaper to do that and that the guy said they would be to me by Thursday November 13th. I was upset and I contacted him asking why he did not use tracking because that was the one thing I asked him to do. He said that it saved him money and me money and that I owe him an apology when I get the wheels next week. I asked him who he shipped through and he didn't know, I asked him the store he went to and he didn't know. I asked him for any numbers on his receipt that might help and he said he threw it away at the place, which he didn't know the name of.

Thursday November 13th comes around and nothing was delivered to my home. I stayed home that day to make sure that I did not miss them, UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL all came down my street that day, none of them had anything for me. I contacted him later that evening and asked him where they were now. He acted surprised for a split second then was super quick to say they must be "lost", and that he would have to get his money back from the insurance on them. He stated that he would go back to the place he shipped them and get his money since they were lost. This is the same place that he did not know the name of and couldn't remember where it was located.

Since November 13th he has been promising me a refund. On that date I filed a claim with Paypal stating that I did not receive my item and that I am want a full refund from the seller. He accepted the claim and chose the option that said “I did not ship the item and will give the buyer a full refund". Each time he says that the money will be taken out of his bank to refund me he has some excuse why it has not taken place. The first time it was because Paypal tried to take it too soon and it bounced, charging him a $35 fee for non sufficient funds, which he said was my fault and I should pay him that back. The 2nd time it was the same thing. This past time he said that his bank takes $100 out of his checking to his savings on the 29th of the month so when Paypal tried to retrieve the funds again there was not enough and he was charged another $35 fee because of this.

At the present time he has stated that the money would be there by December 3rd. On December 2nd he told me about the automatic savings transfer and so the refund did not go through. He said he has issued another transfer but its clearing date is not until December 15th, upon which I am sure something else will come up as to why it did not go through.

On the evening of December 2nd I left Mr. Tran a message via Yahoo and G35Driver.com stating that if I didn't have my money by the end of this week- Today Friday December, 5th, that I would be taking the next steps to get this problem resolved. I also stated that I would be making a post on the G35Driver forum about the entire situation in dealing with him. I did not talk to him directly as he only replies after I am away from my computer, but he said that if I say one word on the forum about this situation that I will never see my money. He also told me not to be stupid because I would regret it, he promised.

Since that message all he has said to me was, "stick to our past agreement".

I do have every conversation with Mr. Tran saved to a log on multiple computers and at this point it is a 20 page Word document. I feel that his last message was a threat towards me of not getting my money, as well as, that I would regret it as if he would do something besides not giving me my money back. He does have my address because of Paypal and I am worried that he may do something towards me at this point.

Update: My Paypal claim has been closed and my refund was removed with a total refund of .97 cents. I called and they told me that it was removed due to the maximum number of attempts to collect money from his bank account. His bank basically told him that it was not worth their time anymore. Since the claim was dropped Mr. Tran has ceased all type of communication, but he is still on the G35 forum daily.

I have a few people that are in his area in Mira Mesa, in fact one of the G members who is very well known for his business on many forums, lives 1 block away from the guy. He has confirmed that the address I got via Paypal is the correct address and that the jerk still has my wheels on his car.

CN: Some jerk in San Diego took my money for a set of wheels and lied about shipping them. I filed a claim with Paypal on November 13th stating that I never received my wheels. Then he lied about putting money in the bank for a refund, and Paypal tried the maximum number of attempts and closed my claim. A local member of the forums lives 1 block away- but does not know the guy, and he confirmed that he does live at the address I have and he is still rocking the wheels I paid for over 2 months ago.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I need your help. I do not have a phone number for this person but I do have an address and his parents names, IP address, and email addy. I need someone who is awesome at finding information to see if they can find me his phone number.

It would also be great if someone could take pics of his car with the wheels still on it and have a time/date stamp proving that he still has them. I really am determined to get my money or wheels and anyone that helps will not go unrewarded.

Here is his info:

Michael Hoai Tran

9509 Compass Point Dr South

San Diego, Ca 92126

Email: niduy051108@yahoo.com

Yahoo Msgr: niduy051108

Parents names: Long V Tran, and possibly Jennie Tran, a Sean Tran is also listed at that address

IP addy: 63.199.243.27

G35Driver SN: LuvMyG69

Flickr with pics of the wheels/tires and his car : [ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/31167217@N08/sets/72157611082972964/]Michael Tran Pics - a set on Flickr[/ame]

This is all I have, but hopefully someone can get more info on him.

Thanks in advance.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Have you Tried looking him up via FaceBook or MySpace?

Pm MiniSTIguy/Garrett, he's a SD local and he'll help you out.

Yep and the only thing that comes up is a Myspace Music account with some asian guy singing, but no other information except he is from SD.

Edit: I added the Flickr album with pics of the wheels/tires and the guys car. I got the pics off of his photobucket.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Another update: I called the SDPD to report this and they just gave me the number to the IC3 department for internet crimes. I already filed a report there last week, so it seems that the SDPD does want to deal with this unless someone else tells them to :(

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

'PB' is pacific beach, a san diego beach neighborhood/community.

if you would like him to go drive-by and see what happening he would probably do it.

let me know.

Sure at this point, I would love pics of the car with the wheels and a time stamp proving they were taken after I bought them. I would really appreciate it :)

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

I always pay by credit card through Paypal for reasons like this.

Paypal wants you to use your bank account so if there is a dispute, the credit card company won't take the money back so easily.

It seems like your whole situation is well documented. I say it's time to contact a lawyer.

I always pay by credit card through Paypal for reasons like this.

Paypal wants you to use your bank account so if there is a dispute, the credit card company won't take the money back so easily.

It seems like your whole situation is well documented. I say it's time to contact a lawyer.

I don't use credit cards anymore b.c I was young and dumb many years ago. I just buy what I can afford to pay cash for.

As far as documentation goes, I have every single word this guy has ever said. I have a 22 page long Word document with our yahoo messenger logs which are time/date stamped, as well as all the Paypal documents.

If you know the parents name, send them a certified letter with your police report and make them aware of their sons actions.

I'm sure that'll get his attention!!

I am almost positive that those are his parents, they are listed as owning the house at that address. His name is listed as a relative of the homeowner as well. I really want to speak to them in person if at all possible. Thank you for the idea of sending them a certified letter with the police report though. I could also throw in the logs to prove that he did what he did, lets just hope that he didn't learn scamming from his parents.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Create a PDF copy of the police report, pictures of the wheels and Paypal reciept.

Then Garrett can print it out and hand it to a patrol man, he can read it over right then and there...and make the move!

~Sucka-Duck~

I don't technically have a police report, but I guess the IC3 report could count since it is with the FBI internet crime division :) I am just not sure how to get it there without him seeing, esp since I am not 100% positive that he lives with his parents.

edit: the IC3.gov site has a PDF of my report, although it has my personal contact info and I don't really want that on there if I send it. He has my address via PP but I do not want him to have my phone number.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Send it to me and I'll personally deliver it to the parents

PM me your email address and I will send you the logs, the paypal info and the IC3 document. I opened it in word and took out my phone number and personal email address.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Archived