LegacyGT.com

Need help !!!

So I noticed tonight something wierd while Driving home. As I was approaching a red light i let off the gas to coast before braking and what I noticed was the rpms slowly going down from 3000 rpms it hit 1500rpms and suddenly dropped to 700 and then back up to 1000 rpms to stabilize. It does this everytime in the same fashion. this happend in auto/sport/ and using tip tronic. NO CEL nor do I feel the car trying to stall or anything. It almost seems like it doesnt want to hit 1400-1100rpms like it trys to skip it :p

any ideas what the problem is?

IDLE IS FINE!!!

still getting the drop in rpms when decel

No I dont think its downshifting i had it in tiptronic and it did it aswell

this happends with or without the a/c or defrost on.

I know this is not normal I just dont knopw what I need to do to get rid of it. My car is up to date with service and just put in a new air filter today which didnt correct the prob...

how many miles do you have? If you're around 60,000 Mi (Sorry, I guess that would be around 100,000 Km) it's time to change your spark plugs, if you haven't already.

Do you know for sure they changed the plugs? Hopefully, if they did, they weren't stupid and put platinum plugs in. If you have a laptop, or access to one, buying a $15 VAG-COM cable would be the best thing for monitoring real time parameters, such as checking for misfires for all cylinders at the same time. Do you know if the 05-06 Canadian cars work with the VAG-COM cable, or do they require the tactrix cable?

called the dealership they say the fuel filters on the 05+ never have to be replaced... should I belive them?

You just answered your own question :rolleyes:. Dealerships make mistakes, mine thought my fuel injector was in the coil pack and I lost a bit of faith in them always doing things right. Also, a lot of auto parts stores have platinum plugs as the replacement rather than iridium plugs which you have to use in the GT. That's why I asked about the plugs they used. Your car has a lot of Km and probably has some wear and tear. You may have a bad vacuum line, injector, coil pack, OCV sensor. Hopefully the Lucas helps you out and it's not anything major. If you get CEL 0302 you may have an exhaust valve going bad. Happened to my car and a few others in cylinder #2. Again, I would recommend using Romraider, like I stated earlier, to see if there's anything happening in real time.

just got back from Subaru of Mississauga and they said that my idle apearently is fine so its just this damnd drop in rpms that the car does. but again the car doesnt seem to mind it since it doesn studder or hesitate or anything when it happends.

Archived