LegacyGT.com

Need Dealer Recommendation for 60k Service

UCDlgt

Hey all,

So I'm due for my 60k service, and after calling my local dealer (Downtown Oakland) I was a little taken back by the quote - $1200.

Can anyone recommend a dealer in the Bay Area for my service? I thought I had heard of quotes around $600-800 at other places.

Thanks,

Rob

Speedelement seems like a kool group of guys, and +1 pts for being close by.

Kevin at AHQ (autoheadquarters) gave me a good price for my clutch/diff install, I'm sure he could give you a competitive price on the 30k service + do a great job.

ouch yah that seems steep. His clutch + diff install was $400 cheaper than other bay area shops i got quotes from.

I could help with the coilover install if you still need it MDork. Which ones did you get?

I picked up Jon's (Aczwild) RCE Tarmac1s - they're in a box begging to be installed. Still kicking myself for selling my Bistein PSS but this will be a big improvement over stockers.

I'd love to take you up on the offer just not sure what your schedule looks like. Unclemat helped me with the last set and having power tools made life much much easier!

haha - there are few things i like more than spending a weekend day wrenching (and drinking) but im on a bit of a time crunch with a big move coming up soon (sad). ryan at speedelement responded super fast so ill be there on Wed getting the coils installed. also need to figure out why my clutch creaks the last few inches of travel. SO ANNOYING.

I've been getting all my work done at GST for the past 3 years. I recommend them.

I did my brakes, suspension, clutch, pro tune and 30k&60k service there.

Best prices i've gotten were from them for all of the jobs above.

yea, i think im headed to speedelement as well. they quoted me $400 for my 60k compared to $700 by LIC. Oddly, enough I have the same RCE coils. How much did they quote u for those?

$175 with no height adjustment - $200 with.

+1 for SpeedElement. Ended up paying $200 because we needed to adjust the height. The only annoyance is they charged me an extra $15 to lube up the front sway bushings which is pretty lame considering it's 4 bolts but that's what I get for giving away my jack. The $200 seems cheap too so as a whole I'm happy. The install went quick and they were cool about adjusting the stance based on my feedback. Would definitely recommend these guys.

Anybody have experience with Griffin Motorwerkes in Berkeley? Thinking of having them install some suspension upgrades on my stock 05 EAT wagon... (sway bars, Bilsteins, pinks). Mostly because they are close to me- would be willing to go as far as GST if they are way more Subaru knowledgable; I get the impression that Griffin leans strongly toward Germanic...

Archived