LegacyGT.com

I need cup holders...

We all know how useless the stock dash cup holders are, and I'm tired of propping my coffee mug up on the back seat with my laptop bag and hoping it doesn't fall over every morning. Has anyone come up with a way to add some useable cup holders?

I've thought of putting a couple in the back side of the armrest in the rear seat, but I'd like to have something I could use from the front seat as well.

when you get fast food or whatever and if u do supersize forgetting what kind of car your in put that shit in the center console it is small enough to be a cup holder for large drinks, just remember your drinks are by your elbow.

i cant think of where else to add them in the front though :S

Haha I usually just put mine in between my legs, when it is cold is freezes my legs and when it is a warm drink it feels like I peed my pants or something haha but I'd rather be a little uncomfortable rather than paying for all new stuff if the drink spills. Usually I just make sure everything has a top that can be sealed closed. That way I can just set the drinks on the floor.

• 10 months later...

So I can't stand it anymore. The condensation dripping down on my console. Figured to install a cup holdwer on the passenger side of the console about even with the dash console. going to use a heat gun to bend it over in a U-shape and fit between floor console and dash.

BUT, can't get the console out. Was able to get the seatheater switch panel out, but then got stuck. What am I missing?

cupholder.thumb.jpg.4ba111d03a1c32ff113b0e1313443998.jpg

that swap did look bad, but if u take your time and cut carefully, it could look better. as for now, bottles go between me and the console(wedges in nicely there), and stuff that could spill stays in may hand, goes in my croch when needed.

Been searching the site for a DIY on removing the console so I can attempt my cupholder mod without success. Can someone point me to the procedure - sure it must be here somewhere..'99 Outback Limited wagon. Tks.

Archived