LegacyGT.com

Need advice and or help

Ok, I was washing my car today...and I got soap in the hood scoop.....Afterwards I could smell something funny. I usually stuff a rag there as to not get anything down there while washing but this time I was in a hurry and I got soap down there….is it going to be ok ?

what the hell kind of soap are you using?

this seems highly unlikely, if this were a common thing drive-through car washes would have LGTs stranded at them every day. I have been through them many times as well as the pay n spray wash-it-yourself washes (damn you atlanta water ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and my intercooler looks fine save for a few dents from god knows what.

stop washing your car with acid.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Last night i did a DIY wash and had the nozzle pointed straight at the scoop and its been fine. You probably just got some soap where it heats up and it made a funny smell. Let it go.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

this guy has a serious problem that needs a solution. stop telling him its just a joke.

+1,000...TommyPenguin...stop your nonsense..this guy needs help and your bantar is not funny.

Rehab is for quitters.

+1,000...TommyPenguin...stop your nonsense..this guy needs help and your bantar is not funny.

:confused: my non-sense, the only thing I've ever read on soap on the intercooler is that thread that had a swarm of bees on it. I will edit my post upon hard proof. I've gotten soap on my intercooler many times and have never had an issue. Would the OP provide some more detail?

Gettin soap on the intercooler is usually not a big deal. If the residue sits in there for a while though...that's a different story. Let's just say it'll erode the fins. It's starts very subtle with a bad smell....and then....

Archived