LegacyGT.com

Nameless Performance - Legacy GT Wagon Catback Exhaust

legacy360

I recently purchased a new catback from Nameless Performance and wanted to share a my experience.

All orders are hand made upon payment. It took about 6 weeks from order and payment to receive the product. It's best to give them a call to find out the current lead time.

The major appeal for me to this is that: it's made in America (actually within 30 minutes of my house), they have a wagon specific build for the mufflers, and the high quality of the assembly.

The catback has a 3" midpipe that reduces to a factory size y-pipe and I opted for the 5" muffled axle backs.

Pictures attached.

uploadfromtaptalk1396830528925.jpg.ab7898145d4a644bd00accf75c92afc2.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396830542205.jpg.d9c7b4ef3b9d1f29f79514dcb586f000.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396830562800.jpg.772ee3655d8741f09697ef33e0a68c8b.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396830575062.jpg.345d3fdff2a5f3ff387d04dacc3c03cd.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396830588774.thumb.jpg.940cdde19fc5970e24ff128e914fb64c.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396830603451.jpg.1ff627c9759f12d5497dfa0054e817b7.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396830623380.jpg.6f143a36d55bf6c5b4d60ad5579b45bb.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396830634560.jpg.c3d7ce91e904a021fe4d7c3f903d16ae.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396830645111.jpg.24f2e2d9607547b36df405a8b26169dd.jpg

Installed pictures and video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctj1VHRGGK8]Legacy GT Nameless Performance CBE Rev's - YouTube[/ame]

The exhaust comes with a 3" donut gasket designed to fit over the factory donut gasket if using a stock downpipe. Everything connected up with ease and there was next to no adjustment needed.

uploadfromtaptalk1396830985289.thumb.jpg.34655604a4fed30e66796325ebe00d33.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396831012538.thumb.jpg.1e095d82dff7845777f7a46c2f6b5dfd.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396831047656.thumb.jpg.bfe30fd3f5a96366a66078cbac806016.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396831067095.thumb.jpg.5044589c39d40540a6e48e68cefe7ecd.jpg

I really like that, wow. Looks like great build quality and it sounds great. It looks sleeper as well. Nice how it doesn't hang so low at the Y and the mid pipe isn't as low. My Invidia q300 v3 really gives me low clearance. I drag the flex section of it a fair amount, sure I'm on coils, but I'm not slammed.

I met up with legacy360 on Saturday for the sole purpose of hearing his exhaust, as I've been dreaming of the 5 inch deletes. I'm currently running stock with no mufflers. Mine is loud pretty much all the time and gives me a headache driving around town. :spin:

The fit on these was something else. :wub: The welds are a work of art (just like the pics on their website). Fit is so much better than the Invidia (part of the reason I didn't buy it at the time), nice and tucked up. On top of which, the fitment on the wagon looks really good with the tips actually lined up with the bumper.

At idle, its barely more than stock (well, my version of stock). While in car, it's much quieter than my un-muffled setup and mild enough to carry on a conversation even at speed. At the top end, if you are having conversation, you are obviously the wrong person for this setup. :eek:

If I decide to keep the wagon, I'll be putting in an order. I'm sold.

Very cool. The 05 OBXT I bought last summer came with Nameless resonated mid, Y and 5" turn down mufflers (mated to a Cobb catted DP). The Y on my car seems to sit a fair bit lower than it does on your car. Any squirrel that crosses my path and clears the front of the car, is in for a surprise by the Y.

The system sounded fantastic on my car, more like a muscle car than a boxer, but it was quite loud inside and out, even at idle. No drone, just a bassy standing wave type of sound, cabin resonance presumably from the wagon interior.

On the road under load above 3000 RPM, I could not hear a passenger speaking unless they substantially raised their voice, and there was no hearing engine noises at any driving RPM. After a while, it became a bit too loud even for me (I have a 93 RX7 w/ full open exhaust, which is much quieter inside). I swapped on the stock mufflers, and love the slightly louder than stock burble w/o the attention-grabbing snarl.

When I'm driving by myself though, I think of the vid below (after the pic of the car on the dyno showing the Y w/ the stock cans) and miss the sound. In the vid, the Y wasn't sitting perfectly horizontal left to right. That was fixed when I swapped the stock mufflers on.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/13730522144_01d5bebb5b_b.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQQu79gjsSc]20130716_131112_edit.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Sweet! It looks like there's a weld/extension on the tips to properly fit the wagon. Is that something you did or did it come like that? Can you please share part #'s, vendor, link, pricing, etc? Thanks.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Nameless Performance is the vendor just go to their website. All the info is there. I have the AB on my LGT wagon. Great product and good people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legacy360 thanks for this post! I was looking into the AB from these guys for my 08 spec.B and your video is very helpful. Now I just have to save up a little before I order mine.

Sweet! It looks like there's a weld/extension on the tips to properly fit the wagon. Is that something you did or did it come like that? Can you please share part #'s, vendor, link, pricing, etc? Thanks.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4785518&postcount=7

gives you this info:

Nameless Performance, Inc.

40508 NE 44th Ave, La Center, WA 98629

(360) 263-5001

http://shop.namelessperformance.com

for LGT parts: http://shop.namelessperformance.com/2005-2009-legacy/

Is that possible to post a video when you on highway 5th gear around 60 mph inside the car? Thanks a lot

Stock downpipe.

It's really not any louder when just cruising on the highway. Driving around town it's noticeable, but you can still have a conversation without issue.

Is that possible to post a video when you on highway 5th gear around 60 mph inside the car? Thanks a lot

it's really quiet (personal experience). Less than your car makes when the bearings are shot or the center diff is gone. Just enough rumble to hear in the background.

Cell phones/go pro don't pickup the harmonics well, so you miss some of the experience.

it's really quiet (personal experience). Less than your car makes when the bearings are shot or the center diff is gone. Just enough rumble to hear in the background.

Cell phones/go pro don't pickup the harmonics well, so you miss some of the experience.

^^This is true.

I've tried to get a sound clip with my phone and its pretty quiet. While on the highway if the engine has a little more load (speeding up or going uphill) it's just enough louder to be really enjoyable.

much of the reason I wanted to ride in a car with the system installed is to hear the sound myself. Of the aftermarket systems, I've ridden in (invidia q300, magnaflow, no mufflers, oem mufflers with invidia catted dp, etc), this is on par with the oem mufflers & catted dp at cruising speed.

When you get on it, the noise ramps up. However, its not unpleasant and it doesn't attract undue attention. Nameless did a really good job on the sound.

• 1 year later...
I need to come by soon and hear your exhaust again. I'm torn between Nameless and Borla atm.

boxman did the nameless catback with 5 inch mufflers on his wagon. Its still a great sound. And the weld quality is crazy good.

Be sure to take a ride that includes all kinds of roads & driving. With both systems on cars setup very close to yours. All parts of the system generate different levels of noise.

I'm probably going to be taking B_holm's Nameless 5" axle back w/ resonator delete off his hands. It'll be paired with a Cobb DP and MP. Not sure if it'll be too loud. I'm afraid that the lack of resonators will pose a problem.

I'm probably going to be taking B_holm's Nameless 5" axle back w/ resonator delete off his hands. It'll be paired with a Cobb DP and MP. Not sure if it'll be too loud. I'm afraid that the lack of resonators will pose a problem.

Just buy a vibrant ultra quiet resonator (vibrant 1142) and have it welded in. It will really mellow out the tone.

A resonator or 2 should help. My reply in post #9 (http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4787007&postcount=9) is w/ catless UP, Cobb catted DP, Nameless resonated mid, Nameless Y and the Nameless 5" turn-downs. It sounded awesome but inside the wagon cabin it was too loud for my tastes (and I have a pretty high tolerance for noise inside). I swapped the 5" turn-downs for the stock mufflers. Night and day sound level esp inside the car. My tuner said the stock mufflers were only costing me ~2-3 whp on his Mustang AWD-500-SE, so it was a good choice for my application. Still wish for a little bit more sound but it's nice being able to rip on it and not have to worry too much about attracting unwanted attn.

very cool. The 05 obxt i bought last summer came with nameless resonated mid, y and 5" turn down mufflers (mated to a cobb catted dp). The y on my car seems to sit a fair bit lower than it does on your car. Any squirrel that crosses my path and clears the front of the car, is in for a surprise by the y.

The system sounded fantastic on my car, more like a muscle car than a boxer, but it was quite loud inside and out, even at idle. No drone, just a bassy standing wave type of sound, cabin resonance presumably from the wagon interior.

On the road under load above 3000 rpm, i could not hear a passenger speaking unless they substantially raised their voice, and there was no hearing engine noises at any driving rpm. After a while, it became a bit too loud even for me (i have a 93 rx7 w/ full open exhaust, which is much quieter inside). I swapped on the stock mufflers, and love the slightly louder than stock burble w/o the attention-grabbing snarl.

When i'm driving by myself though, i think of the vid below (after the pic of the car on the dyno showing the y w/ the stock cans) and miss the sound. In the vid, the y wasn't sitting perfectly horizontal left to right. That was fixed when i swapped the stock mufflers on.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/13730522144_01d5bebb5b_b.jpg

20130716_131112_edit.mp4 - youtube

that video! holy beejesus!!

Archived