LegacyGT.com

My rants about the legacy

1. The redline is two low - whenever I punch it, I run smack into the rev limiter. I am so unaccustomed to a 6500 redline, coming from my modded Integra (9500 RPM), my Toyota Matrix (8000 redline), and my M3 (8000 redline). It makes the LGT feel like a domestic witha 6500 redline

2. Wipers suck. They wipe fine in one direction, but streak in another. Also, the lack of a rain sensor to set the intermittent speed is noticeable, after getting accustomed to one.

3. The steering is way too soft/overboosted. You can't feel what the tires are doing.

4. The lack of auto up windows is really annoying. I could get that feature on a cheaper BMW 320i

5. The fuel comsumption is crazy. If you get into boost anytime, your average fuel consumption just keeps climbing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problems solutions to fix your "rants"

1) Get a Cobb AP/Retune the ECU

2) Get rain X/new wipers (wipers do suck)

3) there are pleanty of ways to get the ride just the way you like it

4) I've never had an Auto up on any of my cars/lux SUV's...man you are lazy ;)

5) You should've known that when you bought the car, but for the engine and what its do'n the fule consumption is right on Q

NO car you buy will ever be 'your perfection', if they were there would be no aftermarket companies in business.....

There are no problems....only solutions baby .......=)

No doubt, the Marix is amuch better car :rolleyes:

Face it, the Legacy sucks! It has been well documented.

Legacy doesn't suck, just your spelling :p. I never said the Matrix was better :confused:

The car also porpoises, when you get hard on the gas, or brake hard. I guess some coilovers are in my immediate future:D

8000-9000 redline? Been there, done that. Now I prefer a flat torque curve instead of having to thrash the rice.

Yes I agree I mean I don't know why Ferrari has their cars revs to 8000 rpm, I would much prefer 5000 so I can just get right to the next gear :/ . Anyway I think I agree with all your rants except the RPM, even though I think they should have been 7 for the 4 banger. I miss my auto wipers and xenon light. I miss the auto everything windows. Steering feel in the Legacy leaves much to be desired and the car I can never figure out whats going on with fuel consumption I try to drive sensible and its 20mpg or less then I floor it for a little and its 24mpg. Crazyness. Anyway though I called the bodyshop yesterday and they said they had all the parts in and were working on it to finish the car as quick as possible.

Song of Post- Sublime- Get Ready

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Blue Dragon, why did you buy the car? For me, it had to have AWD and a fun factor. Those were my priorities. My previous cars were more luxury oriented and yes I miss some of those amenities. But, they weren't my priorities when we purchased this car so I don't dwell on them. You got three choices, fix it, sell it, or move on and focus on the reasons you bought the car.

I can understand complaining if you got a lemon. But, your issues should have been identified during your research or test drives. Most of us have spent a lot of time researching and test driving various cars previous to our purchase. So, you're not going to get a lot of support in this forum because you sound like you didn't do your homework before buying. Sorry, I don't mean to offend you, but, you should understand how your post comes across.

You guys aren't understanding at all. The car lacks many things but it also has many great things and those good things obviously outweigh the bad. So just like Blue Dragon I find many things in this car lacking, but the car is still great fun to drive and I think the best daily driver for the price.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- Trampled Under Foot ( don't listen to this song while driving, you will have to floor it and this could cause problems)

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I think you guys are taking it the wrong way. I don't think he's bashing the car, it's just exactly what the title said "rants". He just wishes the car had those things, not that he's bashing it.

I think that's what he means.

As for me, 4 and 5 are the two that bugs me.

As for 4, I don't roll my window down when I'm driving anyway since I always have the vents on, so it's not too much a hassle for me.

And for 5, I expected it, I knew it, but I bought the car anyway. Do I wish it would get 28mph like the Z06? yes, but it's not a deal breaker.

And without vvti (aka Toyota VTEC).

vvti != vtec

vvti = variable valve timing (most car manufactures use this, including subaru, although they all have different names for it).

Vtec = variraible timing AND lift (actually moves to different lobes on the camshaft which is much better and much more effective)

I think you guys are taking it the wrong way. I don't think he's bashing the car, it's just exactly what the title said "rants". He just wishes the car had those things, not that he's bashing it.

As for 4, I don't roll my window down when I'm driving anyway since I always have the vents on, so it's not too much a hassle for me.

And for 5, I expected it, I knew it, but I bought the car anyway. Do I wish it would get 28mph like the Z06? yes, but it's not a deal breaker.

Thats correct. I love many things about the car, I just wish the car had those things like auto window up etc. I like the AWD, the stereo sounds just as good if not better than the harmon kardon system in my M3, the guages are nicer, and the interior much less dated.

Steering wheel radio buttons would have been nice (I really hate listening to repetitive commecials). I don't really miss HID, since the H7 projectors are pretty good, but I will still do an HID retro soon.

Give up now... NOONE on this site except the rare few will support your PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE COMPLAINTS...

The car has LOTS of short comings... if you have the GT it's balanced by the fun... however when you have the base model like I do all you get is not having to dig your car out when it snows...

I agree with EVERY single one of your complaints...

1. Mines a base model and it rips into the redline making more and more power... I have NO idea why it's so low. it's still making power... and unless the springs suck ass it should be able to go at least 1-2k rpms higher without getting any float.

2. wipers suck... everyone will agree with you on that point.

3. I like the steering ratio but I do agree it's WAY too softened. You get next to no feedback out of the wheel. and because of it's aggressive ratio it makes hard turns feel jerky.

4. I don't really care about the auto up... but having auto down and no auto up is just stupid IMO... what does it cost another 5 cents (no way it's that much) more to get both...

5. I COMPLETELY agree... I'm in the middle of battling my dealer because my BASE model is getting GT (driving around under full boost constantly) gas milage

Overall I like the car... but all these little things make me resent it.

I've owned 4 cars... all of them have been love/hate as are most cars... however with the exception of my 90 acura legend... I haven't hated a car that I loved this much ever...

BOTH "economy" cars I owned before ran and performed better/smoother (even though they were I4's not H4's) both got fantastic gas milage regardless of how hard I drove them, and niether of them (BOTH cars had over 160k miles) had as many problems as the legacy has had in under 10k. Niether my sentra or my civic EVER had to go into a shop for work because of faulty parts. Only maintanance.

But whatever... I guess none of that matters and I should have somehow KNOWN that the car would be a LOT less than advertised from my cumlative 40 mins of driving experience in them before I bought it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pssshhh... picky, picky. I guess I *should* have said Toyota's lame ass version of VTEC. :rolleyes:

You're probably the same type of person who demands people call it "all wheel drive" not "four wheel drive."

BTW, the Matrix AWD cannot be had with the 6-speed and the 2zz-ge, which does have vvtl-i.

vvti != vtec

vvti = variable valve timing (most car manufactures use this, including subaru, although they all have different names for it).

Vtec = variraible timing AND lift (actually moves to different lobes on the camshaft which is much better and much more effective)

vvti != vtec

What about VVTL-i? ;)

I believe the "rants" are worthwhile and justified, but I also think it depends on perspective. It seems like a lot of times people coming "down" from cars, such as an Audi or BMW, want things like power up/down windows, etc. That's cool, I can understand that coming from a ~30-50k car.

I also think you've got a serious beef when it comes to replacing body panels :eek: on a 10k mile car.

However, you're never gonna get the same gas mileage as a civic or sentra in Legacy, even if its the 2.5i. The Legacy has more room (albeit some might argue not nearly enough "more"), and AWD. Plus, depending on how old your civic or sentra were, its got about 30-70 more HP, and will zip 0-60 faster than just about any of them (save the SE-R and the Si forms). So, I don't think its really fair to complain about gas mileage compared to a Sentra or a Civic. Perhaps an Accord (which gets fantastic gas mileage for its size) or a Camry would be fairer. But, you can't get AWD in either of them. :D

BOTH "economy" cars I owned before ran and performed better/smoother (even though they were I4's not H4's) both got fantastic gas milage regardless of how hard I drove them, and niether of them (BOTH cars had over 160k miles) had as many problems as the legacy has had in under 10k. Niether my sentra or my civic EVER had to go into a shop for work because of faulty parts. Only maintanance.

Archived