LegacyGT.com

My old car, she is famous

Because a baby car seat didn't fit behind the drivers seat of my LGT.

Don't feel too bad for me though. The OB is pretty sweet. ;)

http://photos.imageevent.com/mattg/carstuf/websize/IMG_6339.JPG

I gotta tell ya, as a man with 3 kids under 10, they have all been in my car since I bought it.

Put the infant / under-4 years big-ass car seat on the passenger side. No reason to give up a car because the car seat doesn't fit behind the driver.

I'm a leggy 6 foot 2, and now, all three kids sitting across the back is a tight fit, but they make do. That includes a hefty car seat for my 2 year old behind the front passenger, my 9 year old with no booster seat sits in the middle, and my 6 year old sits behind me in a booster seat. And the wife can fit in the front passenger seat no worries. She isn't even jammed up against the dash.

Easy.

However, my next car will be a full sized sedan with a wide back seat. because 3 kids back there will be pretty crammed in the next few years. the 2010+ Legacy / OB is quite a bit more spacious in the back. My in-laws have a '10 OB and it's much better for 3 across. Or we take the Grand Caravan. Which is exactly what that thing was built for.

• Moderators
mattg - "babyseat behind drivers seat.." how tall are you?

Curious as I'm 6'4" and will have back seat drivers coming within 6 months..

Pretty sure you're screwed. I'm 5'9" and a rear facing seat was awfully close.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I gotta tell ya, as a man with 3 kids under 10, they have all been in my car since I bought it.

Put the infant / under-4 years big-ass car seat on the passenger side. No reason to give up a car because the car seat doesn't fit behind the driver.

I'm a leggy 6 foot 2, and now, all three kids sitting across the back is a tight fit, but they make do. That includes a hefty car seat for my 2 year old behind the front passenger, my 9 year old with no booster seat sits in the middle, and my 6 year old sits behind me in a booster seat. And the wife can fit in the front passenger seat no worries. She isn't even jammed up against the dash.

Easy.

However, my next car will be a full sized sedan with a wide back seat. because 3 kids back there will be pretty crammed in the next few years. the 2010+ Legacy / OB is quite a bit more spacious in the back. My in-laws have a '10 OB and it's much better for 3 across. Or we take the Grand Caravan. Which is exactly what that thing was built for.

+1 on the Grand Caravan (I'm SURE Max will chime in here...LOL...:)) as I have 2 of them, both AWD and they are great for room (Daughter, son in law, 2 grandkids <4 and 8 mos.-1 HUGE seat and one booster seat> and 16 year old son, along with my wife and myself and room for the grandbabies stuff too) and mine still get between 23 and 24 mpg. ;)

Damn.. I told wifey I'm holding onto the S2000 as long as I can, but I don't want to see the Leggy go too.

She's got an 04 Impreza wagon.. pretty sure that'll go first. Can't fit anything behind the passenger seat if she's driving and I'm in the passengers seat. She's liking the new Forester though.

It does look very good. I have always liked the torque and smoothness of the H6 with a 5spd auto. And imagine how much you will save in not modding it.:lol:

That's the reason I keep considering trading my spec.B for a 3.0R Carmax has in southern California lol

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I'm 6'3" at least. I went in to see my doctor a week ago and the nurse measured me at 6'4". I drove my legacy with the seat all the way back and the problem was that neither our 6 y/o or the baby seat could fit behind my side. I thought the baby seat would until we tried one out. Seat had to come at least half way forward. There was no way if I wanted to be able to haul both kids. The practicality of the OB is exactly what I need right now anyway.

It does look very good. I have always liked the torque and smoothness of the H6 with a 5spd auto. And imagine how much you will save in not modding it.:lol:

The mod list is a lot smaller but I can't leave it stock. There are so many of these in my town you wouldn't believe it. I could literally drive across town and see 3 or 4 in the same color.

It has good power, and it costs less to operate than my legacy did. It gets about the same mileage (better on the highway) but it runs on regular.

Because a baby car seat didn't fit behind the drivers seat of my LGT.

Don't feel too bad for me though. The OB is pretty sweet. ;)

http://photos.imageevent.com/mattg/carstuf/websize/IMG_6339.JPG

Everytime I see one of these, I expect a Mad Max character to step out at some point. Black out the grill, add a blower thru the hood, darken the headlights...you'd have a beast of a wagon. Then again, it may be a wagon thing.

Yours looks very capable. Add a bull bar up front with some big driving lights.

Everytime I see one of these, I expect a Mad Max character to step out at some point. Black out the grill, add a blower thru the hood, darken the headlights...you'd have a beast of a wagon. Then again, it may be a wagon thing.

I thought the same thing. I would love to get rid of my LGT for that, but my wife would kill me!

Back on topic!!

Thanks. Most of what you said is part of my game plan besides the blower thru the hood (which would be awesome).

Archived