LegacyGT.com

My offer was accepted on a house!

SubieBlkOut

Seems like a lot of these threads lately! My offer of 165K was accepted on this house:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/171-Mountain-Cloud-Cir-Highlands-Ranch-CO-80126/13437695_zpid/

Going to sign the paperwork to get it officially under contract tonight then the fun begins. It needs some TLC, nothing terrible, a little sweat equity!

What do you guys think?

Sean

nice price.. that house reminds me of home.. now.. after almost 2 years of work that is.

When i bought this place it was a dump.

I'm looking to move up ASAP too if I can get out of this place.

congrats.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

careful... this may replace your car as your money pit. :wub:

it happened to me. :lol:

if I get a bonus, even if its a large bonus.. it goes intot he house and I'm broke again.

the good thing is (and its not really a good thing but for you it is) a lot of contractors are starving out there for work.. so they're cutting prices to the bone.

I am going in about 30 minutes to look at granite for my ktichen cos its the same price as laminate! :eek:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Concrates on the house, but sorry you will have to live in DC. The 231k they value your house at will never reflect the 165k you pay and they will not reduce it and lower your taxes. Also hope the basement was finished, or that makes your new place 159/SQ FT, that's a bit much a a JPMorgan repo...

Just MHO and hope this is the bottom for real estate in DC for your sake.

Parker-16 years in DC :(

I kinda hope we're at the bottom for all realestate.

I'm dumping tons of money into my house and i'm really afraid I might be upside down on it. :(

Concrates on the house, but sorry you will have to live in DC. The 231k they value your house at will never reflect the 165k you pay and they will not reduce it and lower your taxes. Also hope the basement was finished, or that makes your new place 159/SQ FT, that's a bit much a a JPMorgan repo...

Just MHO and hope this is the bottom for real estate in DC for your sake.

Parker-16 years in DC :(

No finished basement which is what I was looking for. People are too stupid to finish basements on cheaper houses like this one. They have no imagination, no skills, and no workmanship. I plan on doing the basement myself later down the road.

I wanted to get out of DC but they are going to give me 15K down payment assistance, free for 5 years then 3% interest for 25 years after. So I decide to take their money! Plus Obama's 8K. I figure I can put 20K-25K into the house and live and be happy there for the next 3-5 years then rent it, make money on the house every month, and upgrade to a nicer place.

Or I can sell and should be able to make a pretty good profit on the place.

obama's 8k? you mean my 8k and everyone else's? :mad:

sean does your area have an hoa? If so that 3-5 year plan is sound.. if not.. well lets just say 3 years can destroy all your hard work because of things just beyond your property lines.

Yeah I know that it is tax payer money but I will take full advantage of a Democratic government. ( I don't agree with hand-outs but I can't change how 'the people' voted).

Yeah it has a very strict HOA. I know you aren't in CO but Highlands Ranch is like Nazi suburbia hell. A bunch of middle to high class people in a bedroom community. It is a really prosperous area for a home.

Yeah it has a very strict HOA. I know you aren't in CO but Highlands Ranch is like Nazi suburbia hell. A bunch of middle to high class people in a bedroom community. It is a really prosperous area for a home.

:lol::lol: Then I hope you dont get fined if your grass gets 1/4" too tall! I'm in the opposite area. :(

an HOA is overall a good thing tho because it protects your investment.

obama's 8k? you mean my 8k and everyone else's? :mad:

Damn. You beat me too it darkfox! I'm on my lunch hour taking a break from making money for Obama.

Not that I blame Sean for taking advantage of it... :)

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Damn. You beat me too it darkfox! I'm on my lunch hour taking a break from making money for Obama.

Not that I blame Sean for taking advantage of it... :)

Give me a break guys! I am a poor 24 year old about to buy a house....my life of partying is over!:p

haha, thats for sure.. nowadays when anyone visits me they help me work on my house :lol: and when I visit them we go to lowes and look at stuff for my house :lol::(

I was 25 or 26 when I bought this house. I honestly dont remember..

• 1 month later...

Archived