LegacyGT.com

My Momo Aluminum Sport Shift Knob

axis008

Like Mines, I just received my shift knob. I've always wanted a shift knob just for the hell of it. I don't even have a manual car... yet. It makes a good paper weight though :). At first I ordered the Sparco Racing (sphere type) shift knob, but CarDomain.com took too long to ship it so I cancelled it and got this one instead from Neuspeed.com for $58 including tax (free shipping from Neuspeed).

The weight seems pretty heavy. I don't have a scale that measures that little weight, so I can't tell how heavy it is. I haven't really played around with a shift knob by itself before, so I also can't give any impressions. But I really like the way it looks. It fits my hand pretty well too. Oil from my hands does get onto the knob but not as much as you think it would. The only thing that I don't like about it, but could get used to is the logo placement. When I ordered it, the logo was only etched into the ring under the knob (how it was supposed to look). But when I received the knob, the logo wasn't on the ring and was on top of the knob itself. Not a big deal though.

Oh well, here are some pictures!

IMG_3438.jpg.a4376d474ae28458cd3489c33d2ecffa.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg.802b5fb776c12f1a5b4bbcbd180c2f5e.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg.3f2b8569e79af854925ad734d028ceb9.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg.4b981bc8a15e4745f2ad3727287be64d.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg.b5a54f4e676c4edcae26f343171fa1da.jpg

-ben

I like the look of that too, except for the little decal on the top. I ordered the knob expecting the whole sphere part would be void of all markings, but I guess I can live with the little Momo on top :).
-ben

• 3 weeks later...
I took of this MOMO knob off an 04 Acura TL in preparation for my new GT sedan. Hey Axis008 that silver knob looks good. I used to have one and kept a towel over it during the summer to keep it cool otherwise...ouch.

[quote name='Weasel']I took of this MOMO knob off an 04 Acura TL in preparation for my new GT sedan. Hey Axis008 that silver knob looks good. I used to have one and kept a towel over it during the summer to keep it cool otherwise...ouch.[/quote] Haha nice! Can you post pictures of your shift knob installed when you get your car? I want to see how the adapter looks when on the knob is on, because the Momo one's (not the Subaru OEM one) connect differently.
-ben

Glad to see that you were wearing clothes when you snapped the pics of that shift knob! It reminds me of the chrome teapot posted on ebay a long time ago. In the photo you could clearly see the reflection of a naked dude with a camera!

[quote name='Rimfaxe']Glad to see that you were wearing clothes when you snapped the pics of that shift knob! It reminds me of the chrome teapot posted on ebay a long time ago. In the photo you could clearly see the reflection of a naked dude with a camera![/quote] LOL, I know what you're talking about!!!! So gross!
-ben

Archived