LegacyGT.com

My Mom AND my wagon stranded in Astoria, OR!

Hey guys, this is a call for help from the middle of the damn ocean :lol:

My mom took my 98 outback to Astoria, Oregon to visit my sister for Thanksgiving. Long story short: The car needs a brake line NOW and she HAS to leave town by Tuesday at the LATEST so she can make it home for her monthly doctors appt for meds.

Is there anyone in the area, or anyone with spare brake lines they can overnight to her so I dont have to pay $70 for ONE brake line from the dealer? :eek:

Better still would be someone in the area with the brake line and willing to help me out!

As fate would have it, I am two days away from ordering stainless steel brake lines in the group buy (arranged somethign special since I am underway) and now shes stuck in need of brake lines. :rolleyes:

If you have ideas, parts, or just want to make fun of me please post! :lol:

I don't know much about it but there is a Subaru wrecking yard in Portland with a name like "Silver Line" or something. I've never been there or looked them up but I know someone who has been there.

Jump on it, Let's do it, Ride it, My Pony...

EL4NFZT7

• I Donated
I've pinched brake lines before with vice grips when I was in a pinch. It is a VERY temporary fix that does work...but should only be used if you can't get a tow truck....and drive very carefully because the vice grips come off pretty easy...and you will lose your brakes again.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived