LegacyGT.com

My Letter to Subaru...I'm Done!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWD cars are meant for cold climates, not LasVegas.

I feel for you, and you have my sympathies. Nice letter. You won't hear anything from Subaru. Mail it to someone BY NAME. Still won't hear anything, but it's worth a try. Corporate America (or Japan) doesn't care about anyone or anything except the bottom line. It did feel good when you were done, didn't it? Mail it with a return receipt request.

It is still ugly.

Byron, I am with you on all of this. I however haven't had such serious mechanical malfunctions on my vehicle so far but i am not very confident they won't happen at all. There have been too many issues with my car and i am in the process of listing all my concerns and sending them a letter myself here in Canada.

Is this a GT that you own?

cant really lemon law it yet. it has to be 3 visits for the same problem and 3 attempts at fixing have to be made before the can file lemon law. kinda hard to get lemon law passed on something just cus you dont like it.

sorry to hear about all the crap you have had to go through, seems like the dealerships out there dont care about their CSI scores.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

yet another example of poor subaru quality from top to bottem.

Your other subaru was made in japan while your lgt was made in drunkianda

Mine has been fine for 53K miles. Maybe you shouldn't make blanket statements? :spin:

I've just read every word of your letter, and you present a very eloquent, technical, and level-headed description of your contentions. You should feel very confident in your message having been well projected.

I agree with some of the other folks here, in that, you should put as much effort as you did in assuring that your message is projected....... into assuring that it falls on the proper ears.

I would suggest maintaining your patience, and combing the bureaucracy for as influencial a name as you can to contact directly.

One Question: You appear to have cc'd this to the dealership, to which you intend to take the vehicle; while, at the same time disclosing that you had marked the parts to validate actual replacement. If your intention was to confirm some impropriety by the dealer, then you may have compromised that by passing that information on to them too early. Regardless........................

I wish you the best of luck .....................Godspeed.

Mine has been fine for 53K miles. Maybe you shouldn't make blanket statements? :spin:

:whore:....45k miles. Two problems were the recall and a mirror flag for a wind noise. I feel your pain, in 95' I purchased an Accord EX. The motor was knocking at 180 miles! The factory screwed up the main bearing sizes (they are select fit). Did that mean all Accords were junk? I think not.

Maybe this will help you feel a little better; For every 20 Dodge/Chrysler/used cars we sell, we get one or two unsatisfied customers due to quality issues.

We pay alot of $$ for these cars. Customer expectation is much higher now than it was five or ten years ago. They ALL build some bad ones, even Toyota.

The lemon law sometimes will allow a fourth and "final" repair attempt.:mad: That varies state to state. Good luck with your endevour.

If it makes you fell better, I have a terrible story about the service at Beyer Subaru in Alexandria, VA. Absolutely incompetent - no better than the no-name service you would get from any of the shabby, fly-by-night repair shops you pass in the worst parts of any town. That is why I now drive 70 miles to Subaru of Richmond for my service.

I have debated selling my Legacy many times - every time because of service. My wife's car is a Volvo and the difference in quality of service is laughable. At the Volvo dealer it is free loaner cars, appointment confirmation and follow up satisfaction, Starbucks coffee, and professionalism. In fact, every time I take my wife's car in, is when I think about selling my Legacy. I even desperately asked them if they would service my Subaru- hey, my wife's XC90 has a 2.5L turbo and AWD, right? (no, it didn't work).

Unfortunately, the lure of 340hp (modified) and AWD for under $30K is still just too much of a draw. Everytime I floor the gas, I remember why I put up with the sqeaks, rattles, and terrible service.

While I totally agree that one bad egg does not spoil the batch, I'm totally fed up with my gander of an egg.

I bought my 05 LGT from a friend (orig owner) and being a lifelong toyota/lexus driver, I was very hesitant. Since toyota has turned away from the affordable sports sedan market, subee looked like a great deal. Judging from the reliability of the older models, I thought I made a good decision.

Surging issue that my dealer won't acknowledge even when his head is jerking back and forth on the test drive.

Refused to replace my burnt out headlights because I put atermarket ones in there( I was supposed to drive 200 miles home on one headlight). My service rep claims Subaru makes their own bulbs, so that alone tells you where he is.

Get a tech letter from Subaru saying the LCA bushing is supposed to be cracked.

interior pieces falling off one by one.

rough rolling noises from front, dealer says good to go.

noisy clutch, " there are bushings, they make noise" is what I was told

The list goes on but I digress. the car was fun to drive but my 89 Toyota Cressida with 209k on it feels much better assembled and rolls down the road without any noises, mechanical or mystery.

So I apparently have a "perfectly normal" 05 LGT that IS is for sale now.

Anyone interested?

While I totally agree that one bad egg does not spoil the batch, I'm totally fed up with my gander of an egg.

I bought my 05 LGT from a friend (orig owner) and being a lifelong toyota/lexus driver, I was very hesitant. Since toyota has turned away from the affordable sports sedan market, subee looked like a great deal. Judging from the reliability of the older models, I thought I made a good decision.

Surging issue that my dealer won't acknowledge even when his head is jerking back and forth on the test drive.

Refused to replace my burnt out headlights because I put atermarket ones in there( I was supposed to drive 200 miles home on one headlight). My service rep claims Subaru makes their own bulbs, so that alone tells you where he is.

Get a tech letter from Subaru saying the LCA bushing is supposed to be cracked.

interior pieces falling off one by one.

rough rolling noises from front, dealer says good to go.

noisy clutch, " there are bushings, they make noise" is what I was told

The list goes on but I digress. the car was fun to drive but my 89 Toyota Cressida with 209k on it feels much better assembled and rolls down the road without any noises, mechanical or mystery.

So I apparently have a "perfectly normal" 05 LGT that IS is for sale now.

Anyone interested?

Sorry to hear you're unhappy. Good luck with your next car. :spin:

Sounds to me like you just have a chitty dealer.

Man.......really follow up with SOA, we experienced the exact same thing with the overheating .......highway trip.......cruise control set.......popped radiator cap. This happened almost every time we did highway trips, we actually would keep extra water in the car. The temp gauge only showed in the high normal range but never in the red. Even with that being said, the heads were warped and had to be replaced.......SOA gave us the gold warranty pretty easy.

If you are interested in our SOA case number you so you can get SOA to cross reference our vehicles history you can PM me.

Archived