LegacyGT.com

My custom exhaust idea.

PrimeRib

I like the look of dual outlet. But I need to keep the exhaust as legal as possible because of my job. I tried to find the stock exhaust diameter on here, no luck. I guessing 2"?

Here is my idea: New muffler, possibly Borla or Magnaflow, with custom piping to convert my single outlet to dual. I want a little more "rumble." If I stay close to the stock diameter (2.25in would be too much), the noise amplification should be minimal. I know any performance gains would be minimal, even with the dual outlet and freer flowing muffler.

There is a muffler shop around here that does good work, cheap. Coworker got his Grand Cherokee done there.

Opinions?

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the 2012's but the older 2.5i's have an equal length header, making it almost impossible to make your car rumble with that header. The rumble is actually the sound of the inefficient exhaust pulses from the different length runners on the turbo model.

I like the look of dual outlet. But I need to keep the exhaust as legal as possible because of my job. I tried to find the stock exhaust diameter on here, no luck. I guessing 2"?

Here is my idea: New muffler, possibly Borla or Magnaflow, with custom piping to convert my single outlet to dual. I want a little more "rumble." If I stay close to the stock diameter (2.25in would be too much), the noise amplification should be minimal. I know any performance gains would be minimal, even with the dual outlet and freer flowing muffler.

There is a muffler shop around here that does good work, cheap. Coworker got his Grand Cherokee done there.

Opinions?

Thanks.

Search in the 5th gen area. A few 2.5i owners have installed slightly modified 3" CBE or LGT exhaust. There is a OEM exhaust in the for sale section. You could add borla/magnaflow after is more note is needed. Be cautioned that you may also need to add a resonator.

Also. 2010+ has equal length headers.

• 3 months later...
^ thats not very nice some people cant afford the premo cars like you have.. i had a 09 impreza 2.5i and did alot od stuff to it there is nothing against someone wanting to have a good looking or a good sounding car.. plus its HIS car so he can do whatever he wants!

• I Donated Too
this will not be illegal but it will be stupid. waste of money to try and get rumble out of a weak 4banger motor and make it look cooler with two tips??? why not just by the GT or 3.6R?

^ thats not very nice some people cant afford the premo cars like you have.. i had a 09 impreza 2.5i and did alot od stuff to it there is nothing against someone wanting to have a good looking or a good sounding car.. plus its HIS car so he can do whatever he wants!

You N/A guys are so cute when you argue. lol

Go the custom route with the exhaust.

this will not be illegal but it will be stupid. waste of money to try and get rumble out of a weak 4banger motor and make it look cooler with two tips??? why not just by the GT or 3.6R?

Way to dig up an old thread.

I didn't get a 3.6R b/c they are CVT only and I wanted to keep my balls. I test drove the CVT and its the worst transmission ever. The LGT is out of my price range.

Thanks for all of the constructive responses. Just put money into the stereo so the exhaust is on hold for a while. Besides I need to save money for a new house for the family:)

3.6r doesn't have cvt and has balls a plenty! paddleshifters ftw!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Either way, its autotragic only. And the CVT has paddle shifters, which made me laugh.

yea I don't get that but on my 3.6r the paddleshifters match rev so it feels like a manual so I rly enjoy it. personaly I don't like cvt but those

2.5 s are great on gas because of it

I see the clutch becoming obsolete in the future anyways computers are way faster and better than shifting than us. but I just need to point that I never learned to drive stick and now that I got a family kids etc I'm ok with that but yea slappin gears like fast n furious allways looked fun.

Archived