LegacyGT.com

My Car can't hold the stage 1 cobb tune

Brett

i just bought an AP for my sti and i keep having to reflash my ecu with the stage 1+sf 93 map. it stays with the car until the next day, then the cel/r diff/cruise light/etc come on. i have all the requirements of the tune, so i'm kinda lost as to what to do. this never happened to my legacy. especially on stage 1. suggestions?

yeah. as soon as it's plugged in, the whole sti menu appears. it was previously installed on a wrx (same year). all maps are sti specific, though. i flashed to the stock intake/exhaust map and flashed back to stage 1 +sf map a little while ago.

i'm not sure what you mean by the green connectors. i can use the same model AP that i could for the legacy v2 sub-003. everything fits the same except the ecu port is positioned better so you don't kick it by accident.

On the right side floorboard on the LGT, by the front edge of the carpet and next to the center stack, there are two green connectors that need to be connected together to flash permanently to the ECU. If you don't connect those two ends, then the flash doesn't take. Real-time flash can be overlaid, but if you don't do that first it won't work.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

You know, I don't know how you came to the conclusion that your tune is gone or isn't sticking or something....Lights coming on usually mean something is actually wrong. It sounds to me like when you reflash, you're just causing the ECU to reset. I bet if you reset the ECU without reflashing that the lights would go off too....

Maybe you should stop reflashing to reset the ECU and forcing the car to work, until you get an answer to this issue.

No I think he's saying you should check to see what CEL you have. May be there is some other issue you thing is the ECU not holding the map.

FWIW, have you down loaded the user manual from Cobb's site ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived