LegacyGT.com

My build for the summer

Hi guys so I've started to get my build going for my summer project.

Car already has a magnaflow cbe, sti uppipe an a gutted down pipe an cobb v1 ap. Recently bought a Walbro 255 fuel pump an a tacctric 1.3 cable to do an infamous tune. my plan for the summer is to run a Bnr 18g turbo with a fast motorsports front mount intercooler with Aem cold air intake, Deatsch Werks 740cc injectors ACT-Heavy-Duty-4-Puck-Solid-Clutch-Kit ACT-Streetlite-flywheel. i have Cobb lowering springs, plan on going to coilovers if i find them for a good price an going to do a stage 2 brake kit. If i find good parts on the for sale threads might be buying them, so this set up might be altered with maybe the clutch kit an fly wheel. If find a bnr 18g turbo on here for a good price might buy it after Christmas. anyone have any suggestions other then what i listed that might be a good idea ive done some research so i think i hit the nail on the head also talk to a bunch of the vendors here but always could use the advise. :lol:

Yeah I agree with trs, im stage 3 and I've been on my stock clutch for all of 60k miles...soon ill be going to an exedy but with a 06 wrx flywheel. Imo, if you daily the car, and lwfw is a poor decision. Unless you plan on either racing the hell out of it or driving like an ass, you dont need that beefy thing

Yep, what they said, thats to much clutch.

Just get some good slotted rotors with good pads and SS brake lines, that should be all you need.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well I have 95kmiles on the car I know I'm need a good clutch I don't drive like an ass and prob make it to a track maybe once in a while if that. An yea the stage 2 brake kit is ss lines an pads and rotors. What kinda clutch should I get that not to beefy

There are good threads in the Tranny forum about clutches. I'm happy with my Spec 2+, it's got over 73,000 miles and still grabs great.

Alot of guy's seem to like others.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have the FMS FMIC and the ACT HDS

FMS comes with a different crash beam, the holes dont line up 100% so some drilling out is needed to get it to fit. As far as cutting goes, I didnt have to cut a whole lot off to get it to fit.

And for the ACT, I like it so far. The clutch pedal has a nice weight to it. I am still in the break in process, but it feels good

I see people who say great reviews on the racer-x fmic, an I've see some poeple with reviews on fms fmic I just want one that efficient with little cutting if any. And also not $1200+ what kind of boost controller you guys running?

Anyone running the Bnr 18g turbo? ive done the reading up on it but still wanna know about what people set up are even the minor stuff.. Do i need get a new Bov? truthfully hate when i heard my friends bov every time got off the throttle even at low revs like jsut the whoosh i have with the stock

No you don't need another bov, unless it starts leaking for some reason. I would move to a fmic if I were you, after a bigger turbo you tend to blow some vac lines off more than often. And its always the same 3 under the tmic. Moving to a fmic so far has been my favorite mod because I can get to the tvalve 10000x easier.

Also look into some suspension mods to stiffen things up. No sense in going fast if you can't turn ;)

I am going fmic racer x the fast motor sports intercooler is a fmic but some people have mixed reviews on it so i plan on going to racer x but i have bc struts an cob lowering springs. but i want to get some coilovers, an upgraded sway bars an get some strut bars.

Archived