LegacyGT.com

my answer to gt35 turbo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That thing is going to kill your gas mileage lol I'll bet it will tow the trailer pretty well...LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

oh boy, please don't let this be a half ass bad ass set up. Whats the compressor and hot side trim on this bad boy?

hahaha BIG

this turbo is not rated like most other turbos .. the exaust is equvilant to .76 a/r the compressor .. um have to look it up.

its from a 98 dodge pick up with a cummins, i have been running 1 for 3 years on my sunbird 3.8 buick torq monster.

yes i do anticipate lots of lag, but with the rewards to come !

probably going to cut open the torq converter and raise the stall to make drivability better.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

its from a 98 dodge pick up with a cummins

lol, you know I've seen this cummins set up many times before on DSM's, always wanted to see someone do this with a subaru tho. buddy of mine has a built up 12 valve ( 88-95 ), runs 40 psi after a set of injectors and after we machined down the macanical fuel plate. So im sure you can run some serious boost with that thing. but not to be bring'in on the heart ache, but, I can seriously bet you're tranny will bite the dust, maybe even a few other motor parts. However you cut it, best of luck, and I will be watching this so don't disapoint me!!

If you do blow the motor and trans, dont worry, just sack up and be the first to do a cummins swap into a legacy.

i want the subie diesel boxer ! ..

i did a sequential turbo set up on my bros 12 vavle cummins its been running 70 lbs boost for almsot 2 years now

the engine already has weiscos in it, so i'm not to worried there. the tranny .. well i'll fix what breaks make stronger and keep going like i always do

I like seeing people do stuff that's outside the box. Keep us posted.

There's a guy who goes by GeneralTJI on RomRaider and Nasioc who put a Holset into his Impreza. I don't know which turbo he used but he seems pretty happy with it.

A friend had one on his Supra. Nice turbo. I've done a bunch of research on them. It should behave something like a GT35 with a .76 back side and a 1.08 front side, but with a peak efficiency island you could set up camp on. Neat.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

A friend had one on his Supra. Nice turbo. I've done a bunch of research on them. It should behave something like a GT35 with a .76 back side and a 1.08 front side, but with a peak efficiency island you could set up camp on. Neat.

yep they are used on 1.6 L civics 2.4 srt-4 i seen 1 in a wrx on youtube.

and i love it on my 3.8 L sunbird. and i bought 3 of them for 150$ cnd each. cant beat that !

Why did you rotate it that way? I'd have pointed the inlet towards the headlight. I guess, ultimately, it makes almost no difference.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Why did you rotate it that way? I'd have pointed the inlet towards the headlight. I guess, ultimately, it makes almost no difference.

You can run the IC piping under the manifold like our stock turbo inlet does and then run the piping back up on the other side to the throttle body.

thats the idea ! .. will have some people confused at first !

also what i was thinking would be realy cool .. place a stock type air cleaner the exact size of the stock intercooler so it would mate up with the hood !

So you'll convert to a blow-through maf?

Hmm... should be interesting!

This isn't your only car, is it? Might as well go all out and make everything look perfect.

So you'll convert to a blow-through maf?

Hmm... should be interesting!

This isn't your only car, is it? Might as well go all out and make everything look perfect.

blow through maf ? i wasn't planning on it .. has any ever done that before ? i guess it could work .. then i could put a normal blow off valve with out that stupid bypass.

humm

um i have 4 cars .. 79 camaro( 600 hp) 90 pontiac sunbird 3.8 turbo (~500hp) 90 cavalier z24 ( with a retractable snow plow) and the subie

I'd do a blow-through. WRX guys do it all the time (I know, I've done it to them!). It requires a little work, but I imagine you are going to do something interesting for engine management so it shouldn't be an issue. Just tune for it. You could even convert to MAP based fueling for open loop operation (though you'd still need to have the MAF in place for other non-open-loop fueling things). That would completely eliminate the issues of maxing out the MAF voltage.

You have a snow-plow on a Cavalier? wtf?

Archived