LegacyGT.com

How much are you paying for a legacygt?

handlebar

What are people paying for legacy gt's? I want a basic one with almost no options except mabey a short through shifter. Do you think dealers would have more $ to work with on more loaded limited models? also ... anyone buy from Becker subaru near Allentown p.a.? They have awsome prices as far as i can tell, a lot of STI buyers seem to like them. Thanks .....Handlebar

For my LGT 5sp man with no options I paid $24318 plus destination. Which is 300 over invoice on edmunds.com, That was ordering the one I wanted also. It took 3 weeks. Ordered in Sept. Drove home in Sept.:) It should be easy to get any dealer to sell close to invoice due to the huge incentives offered by the other car companies now. Satin Pearl White! The only option I chose

Mine is a regular GT with the 5 speed stick. I paid $24,750 + tax, title. That is the lowest I've seen. It came with the wheel locks, auto dim mirror and spoiler. It was on the dealer's lot and had the price marked on the window as a labor day special. None of the other cars had marked prices. I think it was the lowest just to get people to come in and look at the Legacys. They tried to sell me limited editions with auto a couple of times (bait and switch). Even when I came back a week later to buy that morning, they tried to get me to buy another limited GT.

Obsidian Black Legacy GT (not Ltd), 5MT, auto dim, security upgrade, all weather floor mats & wheel locks for $24,550. Had to use an even better offer from a dealer in Gaithersburg to get my dealer down to that price. My dealer even had to go to Strohminger (sp?) in No. Va. to pick it up for me. My dealer paid $24,503 for it when they picked it up from the other dealer (I saw the receipt). So I felt pretty good about the deal.

Actually, check out pricing on Fitzmall.com - it is the lowest you will find in the mid-atlantic. Most dealers hate to hear that name........but most will match the deal to get the sale on the board (even if they don't make any money on it). If you go for an extended warranty or financing through the dealer they would be more willing as they make as much on that stuff as they do the car (if not more). My dealer actually claimed they lost money on the deal. Yeah. Right.

[quote name='Patagonian GT']If you go for an extended warranty or financing through the dealer they would be more willing as they make as much on that stuff as they do the car (if not more).[/QUOTE] I'm curious about the financing comment. It would seem that 1.9% or 2.9% financing is really an incentive to the buyer, not a money maker for Subaru. Can they really be making money at those rates? Would they really be rewarding the dealer for financing sales at the promotional rates?

I meant a general comment about how the dealer makes money on finance. I doubt that there is anything substantive that they get from Subaru/Chase-Manhattan on the 1.9/2.9 deal. The majority of consumers don't shop for cars on a cash price basis. They shop by the monthly payment. This figure has many components - price on the car, dealer add-ons, finance costs, warranty, trade-in value, etc. Typically, if the dealer arranges financing through a local bank for you, they get a cut. They get a wholesale rate and are paid a commission on the margin above that. So, if one shops by payment alone, you never know the true costs of each component and that is the way dealers like to operate. The business has been changing lately and more people are shopping on a cash basis - keeping each component separate to ensure they are getting the best deal. FWIW, I knew what price I could get the car for, what the trade was worth from CarMax and an independent dealer that would buy the car straight up, and what finance rates I could get (4.04% for 60 mos. through Costco.com). The dealer set me up with the 2.9% and took the used car in through the GTP from Subaru - I knew I was getting the best deal I could for Nov '04.

[font=Times New Roman]I paid $25 over Edmunds invoice in mid September. Bottom line I would not pay more then $100 over invoice. [/font] [font=Times New Roman][/font] [font='Times New Roman']Edit: Don’t pay those hidden fees either like advertising cost. If you have a car now (I know its hard but) just walk out of the dealership you would be amassed how fast they will call you. [/font]

[quote name='mightyS']BacDoc, that was a good price for the automatic. Did it come with anything else (options for the GT)?[/QUOTE] No other options. I really didnt want anything else like compass mirror or upgraded alarm. I'm very happy with my purchase....expect my wife has had the car all day.

• 4 weeks later...
hehe, this is going to be a great X-MAS, as I just purchased my new GT earlier this afternoon! regal blue gt 5 speed with: spoiler short throw shifter auto dimming mirror upgraded security wheel locks all weather mats car cover with bag paided $25,500 + T.T.L mods, i feel bad for bringing up a old theard, but on the other hand, i didn't want to start one that has been done a few times already....sort of a damn if ya do, damn if ya don't:D

05 Satin White Pearl LGT Ltd Wagon (ordered) STI Short Throw Shifter STI Metal Pedal Kit Momo Shift Knob Security System Upgrade, Auto Dim Mirror Subwoofer/Amplifier Center Armrest Extension Square cross bar set Cargo Net-Rear Rear Cargo Tray $27,683, ~$1200 below invoice [u]- $1,000 [/u]Subaru Loyalty rebate (SOA compensation for failed HGs on 98 LGT) $26,683 Net Couldn't pass it up. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Triple Digits']Just got an ABP/Taupe GT Limited 5 speed today at invoice. I wasn't under the impression that they were worried about loosing money on the deal.[/QUOTE]They still received $220 for floor plan allowance, $30 for gasoline, and $1140 in holdback from Subaru on the deal so they weren't losing money. There may even be additional incentives for this dealership if they are a top seller in the market so that could bring more $ into the coffers. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived