LegacyGT.com

Moving to Denver? I think it's gonna happen.

Brady

I met some of you nearly two years ago when when I was fortunate enough to spend a week in Denver for work. Now it looks as if my wish might be granted and I may be offered a move to the Denver office with intention of promotion in the near future.

Nothing official yet, but I had a very positive dinner with the Denver manager today and if I had to guess, I'd say it would probably be around September or so. :)

Edit:

DONE DEAL!!!

See post 29 for details. But not too many details. ;)

I get to go to the CEDIA show in Denver every year, at the convention hall down town. Really nice!

I love that town. What I can't believe is how CLEAN the downtown core is... like they have a city-wide challenge with the citizens to keep it spotless or something?

Denver-ites can chime in here...

:lol:

One of my favorite pick-up stories happened last year in Denver.

Was trying to prove a point to a friend who wouldn't talk to any of the fine lasses at the Sports Column that night. So after prodding, I told him I'd try my hand at getting shot down to prove my point (Point being, it's not so bad to get shot down). So my sister points out who she thought was the best looking woman in the bar that night (damn! my sister has excellent taste).

So I catch this woman's attention, introduce myself and proceed to tell her that she has the best ass I'd ever seen (An exaggeration? Yes. A huge exaggeration? No.) Well, I figured she'd just walk away ... but instead she thanked me and asked me to dance. :lol:

I :wub: the Denver ladies as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a call from the Regional Vice President in Sacramento today. Things sound real positive. I'm supposed to fly out and see him in a few weeks and we have a possible move date of Oct. 1 (though, based on my knowledge of the company, I think this is really optimistic as we don't have a way to fill my position here that quickly).

So, more to follow. :)

Right on. But be prepared for year round snow, always short of breath when walking uphill, and the women here don't shave.

The weather stinks, 300+ days of clouds every year.

Other than that, it's a fine place to live. Welcome. :)

Having moved here from the cities, you are most definitely doing the right thing.

.....always short of breath when walking uphill.

You should got used to it. We are the healthiest state in the country! It's hard not to be outside loving the natural beauty.

.....and the women here don't shave.

JohnAWD, you need to meet some more women!:lol: We do have some Boulder hippie women who are very natural (I call them granolas), but there are many women here who take very good care of themselves!

.....The weather stinks, 300+ days of clouds every year.

I'm not sure where you get your data, but we have more days of sunshine than almost anywhere. Last winter was a rare phenomenon.

Colorado is a beautiful place to live! I love it here! Welcome!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Right on. But be prepared for year round snow, always short of breath when walking uphill, and the women here don't shave.

The weather stinks, 300+ days of clouds every year.

Other than that, it's a fine place to live. Welcome. :)

Having moved here from the cities, you are most definitely doing the right thing.

:lol:

My sister and her husband live there. I know all about the terrible weather. :(

The women are, indeed, quite homely. They're all fat and out of shape. Seriously, what's up with that?!

And I'm pretty sure that Bskey's sarcasm meter is very broken. Or in need of a new calibration.

Ha! You're right. I didn't even think he could being sarcastic. Damn, the beginning of the week is starting slow! :lol: Pillboy and I need to have a drink and read this thread again! ;)

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Looks like my meeting in Sacramento is for the 13th, so that's the next step. Then if things still look good, I'll probably go apartment hunting sometime in early september. :)

Archived